Betta Soroity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta Soroity

I'm just wondering what you all think of this idea, especially since I can get such young females. Seems it would be similar to setting up certain aggressive cichlid tanks. Ya know, taking out the super aggressive one and such.

Unlimited has a bunch of females together but I do notice how dark they all are, and of course the tank is overstocked.

Here's a cool video I came across one day. I've been playing with the idea of a sorority for years.

FAQs: 31 Female Bettas in a 20 Gallon Tank. Yes, we bent the rules because we're good on conditioning the ladies to live together in peace. We isolate the ag...

Interesting setup with so many betta (mostly females I guess). I bought 2 male betta from T&T and tried to put them in a 10 gallon with neon tetra and some guppies. The dominant male was chasing the other male at first, but now they are cool. Both show good color. I didn't think I can house more than 1 males in the same tank, but it works somehow.
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Wow how interestng! I wouldn't have dared try 2 males together. How long have your boys been together? I just watched another video where the guy has 1 male and 5 females together. Another thing I would not have dreamed of trying. He added the male last and he says the male and one of the females have become inseparable. I have to say that when I was a kid I had a male and female together and they were fine. I didn't know any better and I guess I got lucky. Very interesting ptran. Thank you sharing that. I guess it's like they say, "The fish don't read the rule book." I thought you were pulling my leg about having guppies. LOL Here's the male & 5 females

20 Gallon Tall Fish Tank, I have 1 Male Betta, 5 Female Bettas, 5 Ottos, 3 Amano Shrimp, 2 African Dwarf Frogs, 3 Snails (I cant remember they cant bread in ...

Originally posted by ptran View Post
      Interesting setup with so many betta (mostly females I guess). I bought 2 male betta from T&T and tried to put them in a 10 gallon with neon tetra and some guppies. The dominant male was chasing the other male at first, but now they are cool. Both show good color. I didn't think I can house more than 1 males in the same tank, but it works somehow.

Comment

Got these guppies from Ed on here. My kids love them. Thanks Ed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
          Wow how interestng! I wouldn't have dared try 2 males together. How long have your boys been together? I just watched another video where the guy has 1 male and 5 females together. Another thing I would not have dreamed of trying. He added the male last and he says the male and one of the females have become inseparable. I have to say that when I was a kid I had a male and female together and they were fine. I didn't know any better and I guess I got lucky. Very interesting ptran. Thank you sharing that. I guess it's like they say, "The fish don't read the rule book." I thought you were pulling my leg about having guppies. LOL Here's the male & 5 females

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Et40jmwgw8
          You can try to see if it works. 2 gallon per betta. Haha..
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

I wouldn't try a male with them, but I am seriously debating on females. And what do you mean ha ha? LOL

You can try to see if it works. 2 gallon per betta. Haha..

Comment

No way! You swear these are yours, you Tang guy?!

Got these guppies from Ed on here. My kids love them. Thanks Ed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No way! You swear these are yours, you Tang guy?!
                In my defense, they are for my boys. I just help them with the maintenance but the tank is in their room.
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community

Comment

Hmmmm, ok, I'll buy that, I guess.

In my defense, they are for my boys. I just help them with the maintenance but the tank is in their room.

Comment

I wouldn't try a male with them, but I am seriously debating on females. And what do you mean ha ha? LOL
                    I think it would work just like the video you posted.
                    020G Leulepi grow-out
                    030G Leulepi breeder
                    030G SRD FlowerHorn
                    090G Tangs community
                    100G Tangs community

Comment

I kinda think it would work too. Especially with putting real young ones together. I had tried 2 females together years ago in the 75gal. I swear they were best buddies and loved swimming in the outflow current. They swam together fighting the current all the time. Once I decided to add cichlids I separated them for a few days while setting up their tank and from then on they hated each other and had to live separate. But, if I do this I'll probably buy some where between 5-7 girls. Seems I kept counting 7 in various 10gal setups on youtube.

I think it would work just like the video you posted.

Comment

Do you think I could add such tiny ones in to the 20gal with the guppies or would that be a bad idea? My male guppies don't care about any one but each other. lol

Comment

It would work if the betta is about same size as guppies.
                          020G Leulepi grow-out
                          030G Leulepi breeder
                          030G SRD FlowerHorn
                          090G Tangs community
                          100G Tangs community

Comment

I think body length is about the same. Just seems the guppies are so much larger because of their tail shapes. I'll think about it, might try it. Much as I love the guppies I'd whoop'em over a betta. LOL

It would work if the betta is about same size as guppies.

Comment

Female B spelendens can generally can be housed together if started at a young age. Best with odd numbers. Male and female pairing may not workout so well. I've housed 2 males together in a 50 gallon community with plenty of cover. They still rip each other to shreds and over time have infections.
                              Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                              Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                              X