canister filter reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
    I'm a cascade guy love them but Eheims are good too nothing like the quick priming of the cascades a couple of pumps and it's good to go
    agreed that priming was so much easier on the cascade....with the eheim you do need to manually prime (which involves sucking slightly only the out tubing until the vacuum is created.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      agreed that priming was so much easier on the cascade....with the eheim you do need to manually prime (which involves sucking slightly only the out tubing until the vacuum is created.
      You only need to do the "sucking" at the beginning when you set up the filter. All Eheim filters now come with quick connect valves that allow you to quickly remove the filter for cleaning. After cleaning, just hook it back up, open the valves and the filter is primed and ready to go.
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by ptran View Post
        You only need to do the "sucking" at the beginning when you set up the filter. All Eheim filters now come with quick connect valves that allow you to quickly remove the filter for cleaning. After cleaning, just hook it back up, open the valves and the filter is primed and ready to go.
        yes i should have said only the first time you really need to do that

when i opened mine to remove the purigen (the new plant tank, so just used the purigen to remove the initial haze)...it took a few minutes to get normal flow back as the canister refilled. you can suck to help that process along quicker, but will get a mouthful of water. i guess in a planted tank the water will at least be very clean....

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          yes i should have said only the first time you really need to do that

when i opened mine to remove the purigen (the new plant tank, so just used the purigen to remove the initial haze)...it took a few minutes to get normal flow back as the canister refilled. you can suck to help that process along quicker, but will get a mouthful of water. i guess in a planted tank the water will at least be very clean....
          Yeah, make sure you don't accidentally swallow that water. Be careful on Ecoli bacteria.
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

My hand me down eheim came without the valves. To get it going we set the filter up beside the tank and held up the tube of the intake and poured water in it until we saw bubbling in the tank from the output. I flipped the switch and she came on like a charm. I'm still not used to that room being so quiet. I'm constantly checking to see if the filters are working. LOL I have seen the valves on ebay for $13

Comment

Quick disconnect valves are highly recommended. Make you life easier at water change.
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community

Comment

I'm sure I will order some here pretty soon.

Originally posted by ptran View Post
                Quick disconnect valves are highly recommended. Make you life easier at water change.

Comment

Working...
                X