Large BN Plecos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large BN Plecos

When I went to Unlimited today he had a tank full of large Albino BN plecos. I think my little one will be headed for the 75gal at some point. They get pretty big! Hope my filter is large enough for her to live in. LOLOL

How much were they?
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Females were $19, males $30, but I think there was another sign that said 2 for $35

Originally posted by ptran View Post
      How much were they?

Comment

those boys were so gnarly that i almost got one. lol

Comment

generally BN get to the 4" range or so....usually the species many use since they breed readily, and stay relatively small compared to their common counterparts

Comment

I guess they seemed huge because my little one is still so small. it wuld be neat to get one of those big boys for my 75gal but I always wonder how old they are when they're big like that.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            generally BN get to the 4" range or so....usually the species many use since they breed readily, and stay relatively small compared to their common counterparts

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
              Females were $19, males $30, but I think there was another sign that said 2 for $35
              Dang, pricey albino BN.
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community

Comment

I guess they seemed huge because my little one is still so small. it wuld be neat to get one of those big boys for my 75gal but I always wonder how old they are when they're big like that.
                most BN will reach full size in under 2 years...maybe 18 months to 2 years. they reach sexual maturity around 6-8 months....so the ones you usually see around 2" are near maturity

Comment

These guys are big. Like 4" I guess. I had never seen them grown before. I really didn't want to pay $30 for a male but they sure were cool.

most BN will reach full size in under 2 years...maybe 18 months to 2 years. they reach sexual maturity around 6-8 months....so the ones you usually see around 2" are near maturity

Comment

Seemed expensive to me but whadda I know. LOL

Originally posted by ptran View Post
                    Dang, pricey albino BN.

Comment

I've found that you just need a good size filter for them to live in. LOLOLOL

Comment

Hmm i never have a problem with BN get lost in the filter. What filter do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community

Comment

Seemed expensive to me but whadda I know. LOL
                          yeah that is pricey. some people on here have breeding pairs and sell them

Comment

I've found that you just need a good size filter for them to live in. LOLOLOL
                            haha yeah i have never seen one in a filter actually. they seem to keep to their caves mainly. curious of your filter type as well

Comment

I have whisper filters. Honestly, one is a hand me down and is over 20yrs old and works like a charm. It was on a 30gal that a lady had. The other I bought but it's so old I don't remember when I got it and also still works like a charm. When Cutie was in the 10gal she constantly traveled back and forth from the smaller filter to the tank. when ever I couldn't find her I knew she was in that darn filter. LOL I would sit and watch her suck her way up the side of the tank, hop onto the filter and then suck her way down inside. Gives me heart palpitations! LOL So far, since she's been in the 20gal I haven't caught her in the filter. I have a coconut cave that is usually used for the hermit crabs and she seems to love that thing. Today she's sucking on the prefilter sponges. She's so funny.

haha yeah i have never seen one in a filter actually. they seem to keep to their caves mainly. curious of your filter type as well

Comment

Working...
                              X