Look Who's Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy Tucker Dagon'It
    I like but maybe not the whole name. Something like Tuck Dagon'It.

guess i need to start replying to every thread with comments like "this"....to drive up my postings
    The lounge posts do not go to your count but a kind word never hurts. Sometimes even appreciated.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thanks Troy! Happy to help and I just play like I know what I'm talking about LOL. This really is an amazing site with such a treasure trove of applicable data for our specific issues we face in the hobby (hard water, hot temps). I have started to see more new faces on here and glad to see a new group emerging. I try and push the box a lot, but many newer folks have a tough time navigating the site and using it for research. Think they might just be unfamiliar with forum use in general and prefer something a bit more akin to FB (which is cool, just not searchable like here)
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
        Congrats! With the box slowing down these days it gets harder and harder to reach that coveted status LOL
        I'm wondering why the Box is slow down. Everybody moves to FB?
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
          Thanks Troy! Happy to help and I just play like I know what I'm talking about LOL. This really is an amazing site with such a treasure trove of applicable data for our specific issues we face in the hobby (hard water, hot temps). I have started to see more new faces on here and glad to see a new group emerging. I try and push the box a lot, but many newer folks have a tough time navigating the site and using it for research. Think they might just be unfamiliar with forum use in general and prefer something a bit more akin to FB (which is cool, just not searchable like here)
          Agreed that this site is a huge valuable database for a lot of issues in fish keeping. Everyone on here is so helpful and eager to help with all the questions. Great place to be a part of!
          010G Long fin BN grow-out
          020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          040G Hongi Sweden breeder
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community
          150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I feel like the box is slowing down because the majority of the diehard originals on here are out of the hobby, moved away, etc. New members coming in always seem to have trouble navigating the site, but pretty much everyone knows how to work Facebook. I will say that FB is stepping up its game on the groups a bit (added a search function, added for sale posts), but FB will never compare to the amount of information logged here on HFB

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

This is my 100th post. Does this distinction qualify me as a neon peon?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mredman View Post
                This is my 100th post. Does this distinction qualify me as a neon peon?

Mike
                It means you found the site late and need to catch up. Was going to make a joke there.
                The lounge posts do not go to your post count but Every time you post in forums your posts grow. As your post count grows your message under your name will change as it goes up. When you get to 3000 you are Dagon. It's easy to post but you don't read 3000 reply's here with out learning a few thing.
                Mike, Good luck to you and everyone trying to get there. I hope you can.
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Yeah, it took me almost 5 years to hit Dagon, but I was told my replies were way too long initially lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

Haha yeah i need to start the strategy of one sentence posts...then another "oh by the way i forgot to mention..."

my replies are usually too long as well. i think i am near 1000 now but havent been posting as much lately

Comment

Working...
                    X