No announcement yet.

Ich In the 10gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My largest girl which is also the one with the blue sheen to her body is the first one I noticed the ich on. last night I counted about 8 spots, but this evening I only see 2 on her tail and 1 on her body. I know there's probably some that I can't see but it's still quiet an improvement. I don't see any on my boy that has the smokey blue tail, but last night I could definitely see them throughout the tail. In spite of how uncomfortable they must be, they're all still zipping around the tank and playing in the outflow of the HOB. I've only seen one of the girls flash once and that was last night. Cutie Pie pleco is sucking up and down the sides and wagging her little tail. I had no idea that the BN plecos wag their tails. I swear it's the cutest thing. I had also put a small piece of drift wood in the tank for her.

I really have learned my lesson. I keep thinking what if that was my 75gal? I'd REALLY be freaking out, ya'll would have to take me to the psych hospital. You know I've had some of my fin babies in the 75 for many years so I'm deeply attached to them. Hubby kept insisting that I've had the parrots for about 4yrs. Well I knew there was no way that was right so I'd say "no, maybe 6yrs." I had a lucid moment recently [LOL] and remembered that I almost lost my boy during IKE. So I've had those stinkers 10-11yrs just like I had kept telling him all along.

From now on all fish, plants, and should I buy decor from a tank with fish in it, THEY WILL GO INTO QUARANTINE! I'm going to write that a 100x. Now let's just make it through another night. Day by day...

Comment

My moms tank had an ich issue. Had her turn the heat up to 83-84 for a week. She added the lowest dose of salt (w/ bushy nose and leopard frog plecos) and it cleared up in a week.

Comment

I haven't added any salt. I'm still fretting on whether I should. I'd have to get the snails out which is no big deal.

Originally posted by sfasu View Post
        My moms tank had an ich issue. Had her turn the heat up to 83-84 for a week. She added the lowest dose of salt (w/ bushy nose and leopard frog plecos) and it cleared up in a week.

Comment

Mom has gold rabbit snails that didn't have s problem. Snails are cheap though. So to save her angels it was worth the risk.

Good luck on finding balance!

Comment

I started adding a little salt last night after I took the nerite snail out. Couldn't find the other snail. Everyone was swimming happily when I left home this morning. Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by sfasu View Post
            Mom has gold rabbit snails that didn't have s problem. Snails are cheap though. So to save her angels it was worth the risk.

Good luck on finding balance!

Comment

My male with the black tail is very distressed. The ich is so bad on him that it looks like he has a film across his back. His breathing is labored and last night he couldn't eat even though he wanted to. He is no longer swimming around the tank. What should I do?

Comment

I believe I just found the source of the ich. Remember the fish that vanished?? Well I just found him. He was so tangled in the plant that he looked like a part of it. I had looked under and around the plant when he vanished but obviously over looked him. So, there he's been in my tank for the past week polluting it. No wonder my babies are sick. I've got to go out for awhile but when I get back I'll do another water change and hopefully my black cobra boy can hang in there and we can be done with this horrible parasite!

Comment

Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  010G Long fin BN grow-out
                  020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                  020G Leulepi grow-out
                  020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                  030G Leulepi breeder
                  030G SRD FlowerHorn
                  040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                  090G Tangs community
                  100G Tangs community
                  150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

My boy is tilting, losing balance, not real bad, but he's definitely not strong like the others. My larger girl only has 1 spot on her head that I can see now. All the spots on her tail are gone. My boy with the beautiful marbled blue tail looks great and has started courting some of the smaller ladies. My boy that I guess is an endler/guppy hybrid [???] looks perfectly fine now, and I thought sure I was going to lose him.

Darn!! I so badly don't want to lose that black cobra! When Crizz and I were picking those guys out he was nice enough to let me choose that one. He took the blue one that we both wanted, and I took the black one that we both wanted. How's that for a new friendship formed here on FB?

Comment

All of my beautiful boys from T & T are dead.

Comment

Beth, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. This is something I learned about guppies last night. The Asian Breeders Do breed in Salt water. When they ship them here they go from salt to fresh. They look real good for some time and then start to have prob. from the fresh water. this maybe the case.
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I noticed that the water from t&t water was kind of brownish, but I didn't think anything of it until most of the fish were already dead.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Crizz, how many have you lost?

Comment

So what do you think? Should I slowly acclimate to brackish? Obviously I'd have to move Cutie Pie Plec, frogs, nerite would be ok.

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                              Beth, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. This is something I learned about guppies last night. The Asian Breeders Do breed in Salt water. When they ship them here they go from salt to fresh. They look real good for some time and then start to have prob. from the fresh water. this maybe the case.

Comment

Geeze, the ones I got from Extreme and are in QT right now are gorgeous. I'd hate to lose them too! I know how to do brackish.

Comment

Working...
                                X