No announcement yet.

Ich In the 10gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am thinking it is stress related somehow. all the inhabitants can bear 85 for a little while. once my AC busted upstaris and the tank water would reach 90+ even with heater unplugged. fish werent happy but they lived. jsut ensure a good oxygen supply. heat goes up and oxygen goes down.

heat is the safest method for ich. it causes the eggs to hatch faster and ich cannot handle that temp.

if you do go the route of medicine (like quick cure or something)....remove the frogs and snails. most medicines will say on the bottle if it is safe for inverts, but frogs dont catch ich. i just know they dont handle meds well either.

Comment

Still not home yet, I'm pretty anxious. I think Troy is right in thinking that I've been messing around in the tank too much. I love T & T and will always go back there.

Originally posted by ptran View Post
      Beth, it's hard to diagnose what went wrong without more data especially data on your water test. Sounds like they stressed out. Maybe turn off the light for a while would help too.

Comment

Thank you Morpheus! I was wondering if frogs can or can't catch it and haven't found any thing on the net about it. I've always used Mardel Coppersafe when I've dealt with ich in the past. It works so fast.

I've had one heater malfunction over the years. Got up to find the tank covered in condensation at 90+ degrees. Amazing I didn't lose one fish.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
        i am thinking it is stress related somehow. all the inhabitants can bear 85 for a little while. once my AC busted upstaris and the tank water would reach 90+ even with heater unplugged. fish werent happy but they lived. jsut ensure a good oxygen supply. heat goes up and oxygen goes down.

heat is the safest method for ich. it causes the eggs to hatch faster and ich cannot handle that temp.

if you do go the route of medicine (like quick cure or something)....remove the frogs and snails. most medicines will say on the bottle if it is safe for inverts, but frogs dont catch ich. i just know they dont handle meds well either.

Comment

Yes, it was the boy with the deep orange/red tail. The girls looked the same this morning. One has a spot on her tail and the largest one has about 8 spots but was no worse than yesterday. I'm quiet worried about them. I'm so surprised this has happened.
          Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
          Was the one that died from T&T? I KNOW you didn't kill the guppies I gave you, right?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
            Yes, it was the boy with the deep orange/red tail. The girls looked the same this morning. One has a spot on her tail and the largest one has about 8 spots but was no worse than yesterday. I'm quiet worried about them. I'm so surprised this has happened.
            Awwwww, man! I was excited to see how his colors were going to turn out. I'm gonna have to cut you off!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll hurt you!

He was such a pretty boy and added such a pop of color to the tank. Just makes me sick!

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
              Awwwww, man! I was excited to see how his colors were going to turn out. I'm gonna have to cut you off!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, I don't think ich can kill them that fast. I've had clown loach with ich for couple weeks and still recover from it.

I would check your water parameters to make sure nothing is off the chart. Then do a small partial water change ASAP.
                010G Long fin BN grow-out
                020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community
                150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I have a 10 gal. Guppy & shrimp tank. No heater plugged in. They are living just fine. Set your heater to 78. @ 85 is too high. I have bunch of guppies for sale. If your wanting to restock.

Comment

To my big surprise every one is alive! My girl that had it the worst looks better, but my black boy looks much worse. I'll do the water change and I'll have to get test kits.

Honestly, I don't think ich can kill them that fast. I've had clown loach with ich for couple weeks and still recover from it.

I would check your water parameters to make sure nothing is off the chart. Then do a small partial water change ASAP.

Comment

How long is a little while to leave the temp up?

Originally posted by morpheus View Post

Comment

But every one treats ich with high temps. I've never done it this way before but some of them look better just since this morning.

I'll have to wait awhile before I add any more fish. Where are you located? I'm in alief.

Originally posted by funsize_jav View Post
                        I have a 10 gal. Guppy & shrimp tank. No heater plugged in. They are living just fine. Set your heater to 78. @ 85 is too high. I have bunch of guppies for sale. If your wanting to restock.

Comment

Galleria behind the westheimer/voss petco

Comment

I'll have to wait and see what happens with the tank and give it time for everyone to heal. I've got some girls that came from a beautiful blue strain. I'm watching them develope color and hoping I don't lose any of them.

Thank You Very Much, Beth

Originally posted by funsize_jav View Post
                            Galleria behind the westheimer/voss petco

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
                              How long is a little while to leave the temp up?
                              3-5 days.
                              010G Long fin BN grow-out
                              020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                              020G Leulepi grow-out
                              020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                              030G Leulepi breeder
                              030G SRD FlowerHorn
                              040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                              090G Tangs community
                              100G Tangs community
                              150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Thank you Ptran. I had read 10 but will do 5.

3-5 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X