Dying Betta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying Betta

There was another female betta at the store that was obviously on her way out. She is haunting me. I wish I had got her. I wonder if she will be alive by tomorrow. I gently picked her cup up and she righted herself and darted up for air. She was more perky than I expected. I can't get her little face out of my mind.

Stop going to the pet store. You can not rescue ever sick fish you see. Most will die and you will run out of money for the ones you would really like to have.
    I know this is a hard thing to do but you need to walk away from those.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
      Stop going to the pet store. You can not rescue ever sick fish you see. Most will die and you will run out of money for the ones you would really like to have.
      I know this is a hard thing to do but you need to walk away from those.
      agree on this one. usually if they look poor in the shop, there is not a whole lot you can do for them. it is sad to see when stores are not caring properly for their stock, but you cant save them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
        There was another female betta at the store that was obviously on her way out. She is haunting me. I wish I had got her. I wonder if she will be alive by tomorrow. I gently picked her cup up and she righted herself and darted up for air. She was more perky than I expected. I can't get her little face out of my mind.
        Sorry to hear but that's reality: with the amount of fish they have at the store, it's hard not to have some sick or dying fish.
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I know you guys are right. I'm not usually one to rescue fish, but for some reason she really got to me. Even now I'm tempted to go see if she's alive and bring her home but I guess I won't. I don't really want to set up another tank.

Comment

I had seen how comercially Bettas r bred ...... after that I didn't opt for betta...... buying more betta results in encouraging their business. .... for ur record after two - threr weeks of hatch potential males r sorted and kept in a plastic glass with 2/3 rd water ....... in a room there were thousands of glasses ..... weekly twice water change n food they had been offered ...... thats how they had been raised in such huge quantity ...... after two - three months based in their volor fin they r marked and sold in market ....... ill try to share some pic if i found some .......

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was surfing around another forum recently and was reading posts where breeders of another species kill all the offspring whose markings are not pretty perfect. Unfortunately I think a lot of species might live a terrible life. Maybe some live well until their heads are cut off because their tail isn't colorful enough. It's rather sad to me. These practices are done to many animals besides fish. Like you, it REALLY bothers me.

Originally posted by pinaki_pal View Post
              I had seen how comercially Bettas r bred ...... after that I didn't opt for betta...... buying more betta results in encouraging their business. .... for ur record after two - threr weeks of hatch potential males r sorted and kept in a plastic glass with 2/3 rd water ....... in a room there were thousands of glasses ..... weekly twice water change n food they had been offered ...... thats how they had been raised in such huge quantity ...... after two - three months based in their volor fin they r marked and sold in market ....... ill try to share some pic if i found some .......

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
                I was surfing around another forum recently and was reading posts where breeders of another species kill all the offspring whose markings are not pretty perfect. Unfortunately I think a lot of species might live a terrible life. Maybe some live well until their heads are cut off because their tail isn't colorful enough. It's rather sad to me. These practices are done to many animals besides fish. Like you, it REALLY bothers me.
                Sounds like a fancy guppy breeder trying to win an award or something...

Comment

Yeah, probably so.

You know I'm into Rottweilers and I was always told that the breed wardens in Germany destroy the dogs that don't meet the standard. I don't know if they still do that or not. But it's sad, I could never allow that.

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
                  Sounds like a fancy guppy breeder trying to win an award or something...

Comment

Rottweilers ...... thats koooollll..... here in India thats an exotic dog and will cost u a bomb ...... i heard they r aggressive .... r they ??

Comment

They're only aggressive when they're not raised the right way or sometimes they can be born with a bad temperament. I have my 7th Rottweiler and in the past I resuced quiet a few that had been abandoned, abused, or the owner just didn't want them any more. I paid a lot for my 6th dog but the present dog came from a breeder that doesn't need the money and is more into looking for good homes for her pups. I think a lot of times people charge a lot because it's a status thing, and then there are people that truly believe their dogs are worth all that money. My present dog came from such good lines that I told his breeder that I felt like I was stealing him at the price she charged. A good Rottweiler can sense when someone is bad and when to be on guard, you never have to teach them that.

Have a Great Evening, Beth

Originally posted by pinaki_pal View Post
                      Rottweilers ...... thats koooollll..... here in India thats an exotic dog and will cost u a bomb ...... i heard they r aggressive .... r they ??

Comment

Working...
                      X