New Betta Baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Betta Baby!

After much wrestling on what to put in my newly set up 10gal I came home with a very little, very prescious female crown tail betta. I love that puppy dog wag that bettas always greet you with. My little girl isn't an inch long and I'm hoping I can have longer than ones in the past. You just never know how long you will have a fish when it's grown at purchase. I think she's my 4th betta and there were 2 more owned by the kids when they were little.

Her body is so dark it almost looks black. Her fins look pretty bad but I see a bit of a red outline. She is zooming back and forth in the tank as though she is so happy and she already ate for me. I was so determined to get something different for the 10gal but that ole betta love took me over. I think I'm going to name her Annie. :love:

She is also living with a tiny little inch or less bushy nose pleco, a crazy dwarf frog and some snails, nerite and an unknown. I wish I could kiss her. LOL

All right. Picture time!
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Now how did I know that was coming? LOL Can't seem to get hubby to show me how to do it.

Originally posted by ptran View Post
      All right. Picture time!

Comment

I'm teaching Annie that when I tap on the rim that she should come get food. She is so friendly and I don't think I've ever had a betta that swims as fast as she does. Maybe it's because she's small, I dunno. And of course that frog is a mess. LOL He had the upper part of his body sticking up through the top of a coconut shell and his front leg was resting on the snail like he was some cool dude. Sometimes he stands on his hind legs like a person. He will just stand there on the sand and let the small current move him around. He is so entertaining.

I put down a piece of algae wafer and a sinking pellet but they didn't eat it last night. I'll suck it back out with a turkey baster. I think I'll drop in a few blood worms and another piece of algae tonight. Annie sucked micro pellets off the tip of my finger today.

There's a nice slime on everything and I can see the bacterial bloom happening. So far so good. Can't wait to get plants in there. I want to do it all of my tanks to help keep them cleaner.

Comment

Working...
        X