210 Office Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210 Office Tank

After months of planning and waiting, the tank for my dental office is being delivered by ADG next week! It's a 210g with 6ft length, and I'm trying to work out the final details of stocking it.

So far, the only fish I am 100% set on is a group of 6 Geophagus Tapajos. I'm pretty sure I want a few Retroculus to mix with the geos. Wish I could mix a pike in there, but I'm pretty sure that would be a disaster.

I def want one or two large cichlids as well, but nothing fierce. Bocourti is my #1 choice so far, anyone kept these before?. Also considering an Oscar, Synspilum or Green Texas to change up the orange/red color scheme a bit. I would do Sevs, but I plan on having some anubias/java ferns, so might avoid them for now.

Other than that, I just restocked my 55g at home with a pair of HRPs, pair of Sajica and a wild blue acara. Debating whether to move the Sajica or the HRPs to the office tank, the HRPs are kind of aggressive so far.
    Attached Files

Looks like you know what you want. Brasiliensis is a nice blue color and get along with tapajo but Altums would look fantastic In that tank.
    IMO.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I have a good idea of what I want but I haven't owned most of these fish before, so not sure what will work. Brasiliensis is an awesome idea! For some reason I thought it needed cold water but it doesn't, so I might get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tapajos are a great choice. I would avoid brasilianas as they are more aggressive than other geos. Look into heckelii, winemilleri, or altifrons. Retroculus lapidifer is another great choice. I'm going to have 4 in my 300g. geophagus tank. Corys make a great addition as well.

Comment

Retroculus lapidifer
          These are a great choice. I like the way they set on the bottom like a Goby.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

If you have lids, large school of marble hatchets are fun.

Comment

Can't go wrong with Geophagus Tapajos. Beautiful looking fish!
              Congrats on the new tank.
              010G Long fin BN grow-out
              020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              040G Hongi Sweden breeder
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community
              150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

that is going to look really nice. cant wait to see it stocked and running.

i am actually trading my two brasiliensis away this weekend. i have them in with my surinamensis now, in a much smaller tank, and i want to try and get the surins to breed. they are going to a good home, but the two species do bicker back and forth.

i have a school of red blue columbian tetras with my geos that add some nice color. also schools of lemon tetras, rummy nose, emperors, buenos aires, congos, etc....all the larger tetra species add some movement in all levels of the tank.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd love a large school of tetras, but I plan on getting a couple larger cichlids and not just geos, so that might not work. I feel like a lot of people have experience with lapidifers, but not xinguensis, any reason to pick one over the other?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tapajos are awesome.

Comment

Nice ^^^

Comment

So the tank is finally here and set up! I added my sajica pair and wild blue acara, hoping to stock more next week! Now I just need to find out if it's legal to threaten to give kids a shot for touching the glass...

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome looking setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
                          Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Looking awesome
                            010G Long fin BN grow-out
                            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                            020G Leulepi grow-out
                            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                            030G Leulepi breeder
                            030G SRD FlowerHorn
                            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                            090G Tangs community
                            100G Tangs community
                            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X