Bumblebee cichlid breeding with convict cichlid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumblebee cichlid breeding with convict cichlid

Hello fish box. Check out this odd pair.

Do you see the eggs on log.

Comment

Comment

Sometimes, you just never know.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

that is an odd pairing...looks more like a yellow lab though, or a hybrid. labs breed with a lot of things, but never saw them mate with a SA variety.

the male bumblebees are typically black in color. they morph some lighter bands in and out. the females are the stark yellow and black stripes. i have two in my mbuna tank. did the mating dance once, but no magic happened.

Comment

Uh oh, the 2 continents are about to collide! Very interested to see what the fry would look like.
            010G Long fin BN grow-out
            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community
            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Not sure if it's a bumblebee or yellow. I thought yellows hold eggs in mouth. There my friends fish. He had no success breeding anything. I figured out why. His pleco and SA cat fish ate the eggs. Same happened under my watch. I'm relocating all algae eaters, and oscar to new home. I'm curious what the F1's will look like.
              I'll keep you guys posted

Comment

Looks Bumblebee. You are about to create a new specie lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                010G Long fin BN grow-out
                020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community
                150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

oh wow maybe they will have viable fry.
                  125g: Empty For Now
                  90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                  Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by funsize_jav View Post
                    Not sure if it's a bumblebee or yellow. I thought yellows hold eggs in mouth. There my friends fish. He had no success breeding anything. I figured out why. His pleco and SA cat fish ate the eggs. Same happened under my watch. I'm relocating all algae eaters, and oscar to new home. I'm curious what the F1's will look like.
                    I'll keep you guys posted
                    yes, yellow labs are mouth brooders. that yellow is a male. i can see the nose of a female bumblebee in the right side of the frame. the convict is a female (you can tell by the pink/red dot on her abdomen).

if they actually did spawn, no telling how that would work. breeding patterns are different. convicts are cave spawners and will guard the eggs/fry after they hatch. both parents guard the eggs/fry after hatching for a few weeks then leave them alone. male yellows go about their own business after spawning really, the female holds the eggs.
                    just wait and see i guess.

Comment

I hope you will keep us updated on the fry. I'd love to see pics of them.

Comment

I would be SHOCKED if they produce viable fry. That would be like an American wolf and hyena got busy and produced a cub/puppy?

Comment

any update? i never seen a mooth brooder and a egg layer mix like this.

my closest was convict and a blue eye. the male blue would kill all female blue eye and would only pair up with female convicts.

Comment

Working...
                          X