My new tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new tank!

Thanks to the selfless acts of Angelino, the generosity of Aquarium Design Group, and all of the great folks connected with Texas Aquatics and Greater Houston Aquarium Club, I won a sexy new tank!!

I have been thinking of making a nature inspired hard scape with interesting stones to honor Jeff and this amazing tank. German Blue Rams and cardinals would make great tank mates for the rocks. I want to try some Tangs, especially shellies, but I don't think they would really work with the theme. I'm always up for ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!!

Cool!
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Cool deal. Congrats!!! How big is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is the 17.1 gallon Mr. Aqua. The more I read about rams the more worried I am. How do people keep them in Houston? Soft, acidic water is the opposite of what we have.

Comment

Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi acclimate well to the water here but you do need to keep their water clean.

Comment

I have seen a lot of reference to 'old' water and 'clean' water. Those seem to be opposites to me. Also a lot of references to GBR being difficult to keep.

Comment

Ramirezi are not that hard to keep.

Comment

As for old water, Old does not mean it's dirty but old water is subject to PH crash.

Comment

Maybe a better way to state it is 'stable' rather than 'old'?

Comment

My rams are very hardy. I never have any problem with them. A friend of mine had like 8 of them in a 5 gallons tank along with other fishes for 2 months. Other fishes died and 7 of them still survived until I rescued them.

Comment

Mike at ADG helped us put a hardscape together. It was pretty neat watching him work and put it together really easily. The wood is azalea roots and river rocks. I wanted something a little hard and fierce to go with the rams, since they look mean. Anyone have experience with stainless steel lily pipes? The green Eheim parts are not going to work on this and glass lily pipes are too fragile.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking sick! Can't wait to see it complete.
                        010G Long fin BN grow-out
                        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community
                        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

looking good so far. i will probably make the drive out to ADG when i need driftwood for my new tank. have such great root pieces

Comment

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!

Originally posted by Thomas and Jennifer View Post
                            Thanks to the selfless acts of Angelino, the generosity of Aquarium Design Group, and all of the great folks connected with Texas Aquatics and Greater Houston Aquarium Club, I won a sexy new tank!!

I have been thinking of making a nature inspired hard scape with interesting stones to honor Jeff and this amazing tank. German Blue Rams and cardinals would make great tank mates for the rocks. I want to try some Tangs, especially shellies, but I don't think they would really work with the theme. I'm always up for ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!!

Comment

I was thinking of adding stainless steel pipe for the canister. I found some on ebay that look good and do not cost a fortune. Does anyone have experience with Chihiro pipes?

Comment

Working...
                              X