10gal Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
    It's the pleco. The snail is just looking for food. You can feed him less.
    +1 on the pleco. They are know for poop generator.
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Yeah, we know which one of is certifiable and it aint me!

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
      Maybe it's trying to get away from crazy Beth...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing I love that crazy fish so much. Here I am laying food right in front of it, following it around with a turkey baster... I'd say I'm at slave status. Who really owns who here. lol

Originally posted by ptran View Post
        +1 on the pleco. They are know for poop generator.

Comment

Tell us again in 1 week.
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

I know, I know! The turkey baster and I have to make peace with the poo! :bigrazz:

Originally posted by ptran View Post
            Tell us again in 1 week.

Comment

Hey Troy and Ptran, I got a new pump, tubing and thingamajig LOL and the fish love all that extra oxygen in the 10gal. Even my little girl guppies love it. They swim in and out of the bubbles getting knocked around and they keep going back for more. lol And so far I haven't caught bushy face back in the filter box. I really hope that she will stay out of there. LOL

Comment

Guppies do love bubbles. My tank have Wet/Dry sump filters. They have a drip tray that oxygenates the water. So no air pump is needed. Braking the surface of the water is enough to give oxygen but that also keeps the protein film of the top of the water. My tanks have overflow returns to the sump. They skim water off the top. Keeping the film off the top. The bubblers are great for sponge filter. When I was breeding angels. I would have four, 4 line air pumps running all the time. Using them to run sponge filters, brine shrimp hatcheries, and the jars to hatch angel fish. Now I never use them.
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Beth do you know how to tell Male and Female BN pleco? Males will have the bristles. Females will not. Older females will grow very short bristles but nothing like the males.
                  Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I know that the boys have more bristles but I don't know when you can tell. My little one has a very clean face. She's about an inch long. If it were a boy should I already be seeing quiet a few bristles?

Beth do you know how to tell Male and Female BN pleco? Males will have the bristles. Females will not. Older females will grow very short bristles but nothing like the males.

Comment

• I didn't know that about guppies at all. They all seemed so happy when the bubbles started. I like the bubbles too, they're peaceful.

Some day if I ever get my big dream tank maybe some of you guys can teach me how to do a sump, use protein skimmers and all that cool stuff. I really would like to get my tanks to where there's less maintenance. I have a lot of fun cleaning my tanks but some times I'm very tired or I don't feel well and it would be helpful to have systems that nearly run themselves. I'm determined to at least get some plants going,

Guppies do love bubbles. My tank have Wet/Dry sump filters. They have a drip tray that oxygenates the water. So no air pump is needed. Braking the surface of the water is enough to give oxygen but that also keeps the protein film of the top of the water. My tanks have overflow returns to the sump. They skim water off the top. Keeping the film off the top. The bubblers are great for sponge filter. When I was breeding angels. I would have four, 4 line air pumps running all the time. Using them to run sponge filters, brine shrimp hatcheries, and the jars to hatch angel fish. Now I never use them.

Comment

• Long fin Male BN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community

Comment

• Are you showing off?

Comment

• when do they start getting all those bristles.

Comment

• I believe around 1 year.
                              020G Leulepi grow-out
                              030G Leulepi breeder
                              030G SRD FlowerHorn
                              090G Tangs community
                              100G Tangs community

Comment

• Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
                                I didn't know that about guppies at all. They all seemed so happy when the bubbles started. I like the bubbles too, they're peaceful.

Some day if I ever get my big dream tank maybe some of you guys can teach me how to do a sump, use protein skimmers and all that cool stuff. I really would like to get my tanks to where there's less maintenance. I have a lot of fun cleaning my tanks but some times I'm very tired or I don't feel well and it would be helpful to have systems that nearly run themselves. I'm determined to at least get some plants going,
                                I love my guppies, they are so fun to watch. Very active little guys!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X