Color my Betta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color my Betta

This is my betta fish Charlie. He is the first betta I have owned and I am trying to figure out the correct terms to describe his colors. He is white and blue with a black beard with 'glass ' on the out skirt of his fins. When he swims he reflects a softer blue. Harder to see is his yellow face and the yellow dusting more visible on the lower fins. Recently a red strip on the top fin has appeared as well as red dusting on the top. Any help is welcome :)

This is my betta fish Charlie. He is the first betta I have owned and I am trying to figure out the correct terms to describe his colors. He is white and blu...
    Attached Files

I think I should be a little more specific. So I have been doing research for for a few months now and I know that he is a half moon (maybe over half moon?) grizzle betta. The yellow on him fits the old meaning term 'mustard gas' in that looks like a gas. I am not sure if the yellow counts as a wash since he has a yellow face. I am ot sure if the read is a wash since the stripe is getting buddies. If you look at the picture around the temple he has a mark. I am not sure if that is part of the red was or an injury from when he had velvet (nothing is more terrifying then having a fish with velvet who is just getting his yellow coloring). I dont know if he counts as dragon or not. I have been hoping someone was going to tell me that the blue shine is because he is a blue pearl pearl grizzle betta which would be awesome. I would have mentioned this earlier but I did not want to influence answers.

I have questions about breading. He is currently under ten months so he is at a good age. I am worried that it is going to make him depressed when he realizes he will only get to do it once. I love my fish and don't want to lose him. I don't have the facilities to handle the babies. The idea is I would have to contact a propper breeder and have the babies once they are big enough off my hands and I am not sure how to do that. I know grizzles are not show winners but I think Charlie is gorgeous and would make pretty bettas.

Comment

Dragons usually have opaque metallic scaling, so I'd say no in that regard. Mustard Gas is usuallu a yellow and green combo, though occasionally see it with blue/yellow (though I think that is incorrect). Most of the names are simply made up and applied across the board. You could overlook the IBC (International Betta Congress) pages, though they appear very member only. I could suggest contacting Gerald Griffin on Facebook, he is the IBC President and would easily tell you what you have on your hands and the proper identifiers. That is where I would go. If you need a link or something let me know, he is a great guy and I'm sure would be happy to help, he is in the Greater Houston Aquarium Club page as well if that helps locating him.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

Working...
      X