Flooded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooded

I didn't know where to post this, but I want to say that I hope everyone is doing well. We've been in this house for 25yrs and for the first time we flooded. About 3:00am I was sitting in my room watching a small garbage can float by.

All of us are fine, including the fish. I felt so sorry for our cats and dogs! I'm glad that I keep a protective cover over my mattress because the bed was the only place the dogs could go to get out of the water. I was pretty worried that at some point we were going to have to figure out how to carry a 100lb + Rottweiler up into the attic. He paced back and forth in the water until he was exhausted.

I've had about 2hrs sleep. We spent the day ripping up carpet and mopping. I am so sick of cold wet feet but, it could've been much worse.

I just wanted to pop in and tell you all that you've been in my thoughts today.

I wish my fellow Texans the very best!

I'm glad that your family...and the fish are doing okay. As you said, it could have been worse. I was so afraid power went out last night that I stayed up till 2am. I was so lucky that power only went out for a few minutes in our area.

What part of town do you live?
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I'm sorry about the flood, but glad that everyone was fine and the fishes were okay. A friend of mine got stuck in down town the whole night, and his car was under water...

Comment

So sorry to hear about your house flooding, glad to hear everyone was alright though.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Sorry to hear about another home flooding. We have a few friends that had water in their homes. The clean up sucks but it will get done. Wishing you the best.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Get ready for some more rain coming this week. I went to Academy to buy some more battery air pumps but they only have 2 left.
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community

Comment

The bait bubblers are ok but I have a generator or 2 around here. as long as I can get gas we have power. I have seen some nice battery back ups that would work great too. Hung has a post in DIY. cool build that works.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

My deepest apologies for your situation, but thank goodness that everyone is okay. Let us know if you need anything!

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
                  I didn't know where to post this, but I want to say that I hope everyone is doing well. We've been in this house for 25yrs and for the first time we flooded. About 3:00am I was sitting in my room watching a small garbage can float by.

All of us are fine, including the fish. I felt so sorry for our cats and dogs! I'm glad that I keep a protective cover over my mattress because the bed was the only place the dogs could go to get out of the water. I was pretty worried that at some point we were going to have to figure out how to carry a 100lb + Rottweiler up into the attic. He paced back and forth in the water until he was exhausted.

I've had about 2hrs sleep. We spent the day ripping up carpet and mopping. I am so sick of cold wet feet but, it could've been much worse.

I just wanted to pop in and tell you all that you've been in my thoughts today.

I wish my fellow Texans the very best!
                  Do you live on Belfort?

Comment

I'm a hop and a skip from Belfort? :)

Originally posted by Holchak View Post
                    Do you live on Belfort?

Comment

We live in Parkglenn, been here 30 years. Worst I've seen. You want some Brichardi? I have 400 fry size to 2". I'll be glad to give you some, the pet stores don't want any more. Also have Red top Zebras and Yellow.lap. I've been breeding for 50 years.

Comment

Holchak, 400 brichardi is a site to see. Would love to see a picture of your tank?
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community

Comment

Originally posted by ptran View Post
                          Holchak, 400 brichardi is a site to see. Would love to see a picture of your tank?
                          Here's 1 Notice the eggs about to hatch?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Holchak; 06-12-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

That's a beautiful brichardi. Is it a regular brichardi? He looks like a mix with kiku Firetip.
                            020G Leulepi grow-out
                            030G Leulepi breeder
                            030G SRD FlowerHorn
                            090G Tangs community
                            100G Tangs community

Comment

She is regular as far as I know. The Male is twice her size, about 4" and 4 years old. App. 2,000 fry in the last 3 years. I get about 100 new ones every 6 weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X