New Old Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Member

Oh, and I meant to say that I mixed lakes, not rivers. You will get to know when I'm exhausted because I'll be more dingy than usual

Hi Everyone,

I also have a 75gal. mixed cichlid tank. I mixed rivers and I'm a bit chicken to tell you what I have.
    Last edited by Beth777; 05-20-2015, 08:28 PM.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and exit of the hobby, but congrats on the new pair and getting back into it! Those Brichardi can be real killers when it comes time to breed. Do share your wild mix in the 75, we'll try not to give ya too much trouble

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Welcome to the Box!
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

If you like, start another thread and post up some pictures. Every one loves pictures.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Welcome back!

Brichardi is beautiful fish but will need their own tank once they pair up.
          010G Long fin BN grow-out
          020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          040G Hongi Sweden breeder
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community
          150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Hi Austy, thank you for the kindness.

Ok, I'll stick my neck out. I have a male and female blood parrot. I didn't know about hybrids when I got them but they have been with me for 6-8yrs. I have 1 red jewel that's my most timid fish and I've had "her" for over a year. I have an acei that I think I've had around 3-4yrs. He was with 5 others but one day I came in to an acei frenzy that had already killed, and were in the process of killing another female peacock. I was able to get all but the remaining acei out of the tank and took them to the LFS. I had bought OB peacocks not knowing that they too were hybrids. I now have 6 of their offspring with 1 male looking completely normal and an outcast that I think might be a subdominant male. I have a yellow lab that I got around the same time as the jewel and also an albino socolofi that was bought around that time as well. I've got some Kuhli loaches that have been in the 75gal longer than any one. I swear they dance on the cichlids heads and they could care less. The socolofi bumps them with it's nose but never tries to bite them. It only bumps them when it's hovering on the sand and a loach is right in it's face. I also have emerald green corry cats that the cichlids don't bother with. Oh, and a red tail shark. On the advice of experienced cichlid people I have bought 4 more yellow labs for the tank. The acei had been tormenting the one lab and I've been advised to add more labs and acei. I had thought a lot about taking the acei to the LFS but husband said no. I really don't want any more of them. I have recently looked up the labs skirt and confirmed that she's a girl and looked down the acei's pants and seen that he's a boy. The acei and lab are the only 2 that have really been giving me trouble and it's just him not allowing her to come out and swim. The socolofi concerns me but so far he just gives chase but has not out and out attacked anyone, yet. The blood parrots are the tank bosses with the acei and socolfi jockying between 2nd and 3rd in command. I like the parrots authority the best. So that's my crazy 75gal. Let it fly.

I have the 2 Brichardi alone with the exception of their snail friends. Fortunately I had good guidance before I bought them. Just didn't expect them to pair up so fast.

I think I made the typical new to cichlid mistakes. I had joined a cichlid forum some years back and the people were really not nice so I didn't stay on there and learn. I'm on a new forum and I think they've been giving me some good advice. Of course I'm willing to listen to your all's wisdom as well. I don't ever want to be unteachable no matter what the subject.

Thank You, Liz

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
              I'm sorry to hear about your mother and exit of the hobby, but congrats on the new pair and getting back into it! Those Brichardi can be real killers when it comes time to breed. Do share your wild mix in the 75, we'll try not to give ya too much trouble

Comment

Thank all of you for the kind welcome. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all.

Liz

Comment

Hey Murray! I discovered you "HAW" recently with a net search. I plan on visiting you.

Originally posted by MURRAY View Post
                  Welcome back.

Comment

Cool Looking forward to the Visit.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                      Desiderius Erasmus
                      GHAC President

Comment

It would be really nice to shop some where that would tell me, "No, you really can't mix those, you shouldn't have those, you have too many, not enough, but how about this with what you have..." Would you do something like that??? I've yet to come across any one who will.

Originally posted by MURRAY View Post
                        Cool Looking forward to the Visit.

Comment

Thank you. I enjoy your posts.

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                          Welcome aboard!

Comment

That is an impressive list, Liz! Goes to show that sometimes even the craziest mixes work out. Best of luck on your searches, I believe you came to the right place

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Glad to hear someone reads them lol. I get carried away sometimes. If your ever interested the ghac meeting are every month and free to anyone wanting to join in
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                              Desiderius Erasmus
                              GHAC President

Comment

Working...
                              X