Cpd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpd's

Do celestial pearl danios jump? I have a 7.5 Mr aqua tank laying around. And figured I'd set up a simple tank with sand and 3 nice rocks. I want to keep these fish, the tank doesn't have a top, it's a rimless tank. I was just wondering if I should be fine stocking them without loosing one. And what kind of water temperature do these guys like?
    20Long
    8Ebi

Cpd's

They aren't notorious jumpers, but while they're settling in and if there's issues with water parameters or predators, you might notice them trying to escape. I think if you provide them with an ample habitat and clean water you'll be fine, just don't give them reasons to jump. Temperature should be low-mid 70s
    Last edited by Austy16414; 05-06-2015, 11:43 AM.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
      They aren't notorious jumpers, but while they're settling in and if there's issues with water parameters or predators, you might notice them trying to escape. I think if you provide them with an ample habitat and clean water you'll be fine, just don't give them reasons to jump. Temperature should be low-mid 70s
      So they should be fine with just a simple hardscape with no plants or anything?
      20Long
      8Ebi

Comment

If I was going to risk it in a rimless tank, I would give them plenty of plant cover to reduce the chance of them jumping

Comment

If I was going to risk it in a rimless tank, I would give them plenty of plant cover to reduce the chance of them jumping
          I wanted to stay away from plants. I just want a simple rockscape with sand as substrate. What nano micro fish will do good in my 7.5 with no plants?
          20Long
          8Ebi

Comment

Okay, I ended up deciding just to keep some simple and easy to care for plants. I'm just going to add some javaferns/crypts/anubias. Maybe some type of moss. Thanks for your input austy
            20Long
            8Ebi

Comment

The easy to care for plants will work great. The fish will love them. I have some anubias If you would like some.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I've never had CPD's jump in our Fluval Ebi, they did hide like crazy ninjas though and ate shrimp. Finally got tired of only seeing flashes of them and tossed them into the 150 with danios and a Fahaka. They are great at avoiding the puffer and see them all the time now, actually bought and added another 6 to that tank
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                  I've never had CPD's jump in our Fluval Ebi, they did hide like crazy ninjas though and ate shrimp. Finally got tired of only seeing flashes of them and tossed them into the 150 with danios and a Fahaka. They are great at avoiding the puffer and see them all the time now, actually bought and added another 6 to that tank
                  Where did you buy yours from?
                  20Long
                  8Ebi

Comment

ADG and Fish Gallery, think some from Fish Ranch originally as well
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                    Desiderius Erasmus
                    GHAC President

Comment

Do you think a current led plus will be enough for low light plants.

Javaferns, crypts, anubia. Etc.....
                      20Long
                      8Ebi

Comment

Also guys, what's the best and easiest way to paint the back of the tank?
                        20Long
                        8Ebi

Comment

The current light should be fine for that application, but I'm not positive. Rustoleum deep blue is the crowd favorite for painting, interior latex paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would this work fine?
                            20Long
                            8Ebi

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X