Albino cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albino cat

I got this guy with a 55 gallon tank. I don't want to keep him. When I got him the tank was very brown and covered in sludge. The only filter on the tank that was running looks like it is for a 10 gallon tank. He is around 4 years old and about 18 inches. I would like to give him away. If I can't find a home for him wood he do fine if I let him go in a Bayou somewhere? uploadfromtaptalk1430702311359.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430702328297.jpg

Is that a channel cat? If so, he can be released into local waters. He might do better in the wild than in an aquarium. Maybe a year or so from now people will start catching albino channel cats in Buffalo Bayou!

Comment

It looks like a channel cat.

Comment

A bit off topic : Don't know about the species, but what I do know is it's not an albino. It's a leucistic one to my believe.

Comment

I agree with Dutch. An albino would not have black eyes. Please do not release this fish in to the eco. Find him a home or a pond.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

i for one am against just releasing into the wild. we are just taking a guess here what type of cat that is first off, and you never can tell how they will impact the ecosystem. Albinos would have reddish colored eyes more than likely, but it does look like a channel cat. those can get massive and are known to just consume.

some stores may just take him off your hands if you call around, or even a zoo/aquarium. even post on the market place of HFB to see if you get a taker.

look at the Burmese python, lion fish, or snakeheads....someone just dumped those in rivers, reefs, etc. where they were not meant to exist. now they are destroying everything with no natural predators or end in sight.

Comment

Channel cats are native to this ecosystem. If that is a channel cat it will do no harm to release it into the system. People stock their lakes and ponds all the time with channel cats. Of course just be sure it is a channel cat.

Comment

Working...
              X