power strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power strip

Do you guys use any certain kind of power strip/surge protector? I'm a little worried about something leaking one day and getting my power strip wet.

I use a surge protector I got from lowes. 10 outlets. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I'm a big fan of American dj 8 outlet power strips. They have individual switches for each outlet. Can almost always find them for 29.95 shipped on ebay/amazon

Comment

I use two cheap ones I got at Lowe's. One for filters that I can turn off during water changes and the other for lights that I never turn off. The real trick is to keep them as high as possible off the floor and use a drip loop. That is a loop of cord that hangs down below the outlet. This way water cannot travel down the cord and into the outlet due to water's surface tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas and Jennifer View Post
          ... The real trick is to keep them as high as possible off the floor and use a drip loop. That is a loop of cord that hangs down below the outlet. This way water cannot travel down the cord and into the outlet due to water's surface tension.
          i use cheap ones from walmart and target really. but the key is what is above....make a drip loop and the water will never reach the surge protector of power strip at all.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            i use cheap ones from walmart and target really. but the key is what is above....make a drip loop and the water will never reach the surge protector of power strip at all.
            Yep drip loop sounds complicated but all you need to do is hanging the outlet as high as possible under the stand.
            010G Long fin BN grow-out
            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community
            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

If your worried about it getting wet they usually have small screw hole on the back so you can hang them on the wall keep them from getting wet

Comment

Working...
              X