020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Nice mix of peacocks and Mbuna. Tank looks good.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

powerhead came today, so here is my take:

-looks pretty sturdy for the price. some complaints on amazon were the strength of the suction cup, but that sucker is on there for me. has not budged.
        -pretty good flow rate. i put it right under one of the HOBs. the fish are taking turns swimming through it or against the current.
        -could move direction easier out of water than in water
        -major plus for me, i cant even hear it

will see how it hold up over time, but in the first few hours i think its worth the $9

Comment

Sounds like a good deal for 9 bucks. Congrats!
          010G Long fin BN grow-out
          020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

Definitely a good step, and glad you came away from the meeting with some different ideas. I think hearing the theories and natural habitats help put into perspective these fish's natural environment. Malawi's and Tangs really like high flow and fighting a current.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

yes listening to all the presenters and what the lakes are really like, i could see what my tank was lacking in terms of setup. i always see the stores having some flow in their sale tanks, but always thought that was more so filtration than solely for flow.

possibly the fish were just bored or needed that extra exercise. was minimal effort/cost and seems to have made a difference in the short term. i may convert the substrate to sand over time as well.

Comment

Nice, I like sand far better in my tanks. Glad to hear that the flow was that easy to remedy and I have a feeling your fish certainly will appreciate it.
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                  Nice, I like sand far better in my tanks. Glad to hear that the flow was that easy to remedy and I have a feeling your fish certainly will appreciate it.
                  Yep, sand and rocks would give it a natural look IME.
                  020G Leulepi grow-out
                  030G Leulepi breeder
                  030G SRD FlowerHorn
                  090G Tangs community
                  100G Tangs community

Comment

How's everything shaping up with this tank morpheus?

Missed ya at the meeting somehow, I never know who people are from the box

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
                      How's everything shaping up with this tank morpheus?

Missed ya at the meeting somehow, I never know who people are from the box
                      yeah i am really bad at putting faces to HFB names...and i am pretty quiet at first normally. after the meeting i was like "was austy on the box the same as austin that was the speaker?"...

but the tank is going well so far. some fish seem to enjoy the powerhead more than others. half the tank has that current and the far end is more calm. still some hiding happening, but fish are settling into their own spots. it seems to be back to where it was before the JD died in regards to aggression. nobody is getting beaten up which is a plus, just normal chase and stop.

probably wont add any more fish for a while. maybe after i upgrade the filters.

Comment

It's good to hear the aggression is under control. When you are ready to add more fish, it is recommended to add a few (group of 2-4) at a time to spread out aggression on the new guy.
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community

Comment

Originally posted by ptran View Post
                          It's good to hear the aggression is under control. When you are ready to add more fish, it is recommended to add a few (group of 2-4) at a time to spread out aggression on the new guy.
                          agreed. whenever i do add into this tank, i usually add a set of 3 or so that are maybe 3+ inch range minimum. keeps everyone busy.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                            yeah i am really bad at putting faces to HFB names...and i am pretty quiet at first normally. after the meeting i was like "was austy on the box the same as austin that was the speaker?"...

but the tank is going well so far. some fish seem to enjoy the powerhead more than others. half the tank has that current and the far end is more calm. still some hiding happening, but fish are settling into their own spots. it seems to be back to where it was before the JD died in regards to aggression. nobody is getting beaten up which is a plus, just normal chase and stop.

probably wont add any more fish for a while. maybe after i upgrade the filters.
                            I think there's a high correlation between introverts and the hobby. I tend to stick to myself at the meetings as well, definitely something to work on. I'll catch ya next time. Glad to hear all is peaceful in the tank again

Comment

I'll be sure and catch you both and make some proper introductions next meeting, maybe a round robin to get everyones real name and HFB usernames... Ken are you on FB? I need to tag you in those pics
                              Desiderius Erasmus
                              GHAC President

Comment

Sounds good Roy. It's much easier meeting people off FB, since you can recognize their face from profile pictures, but no such luck here

Comment

Working...
                                X