Water on the Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water on the Carpet

I had a hose pop off the discharge my eheim when I was out of town. I estimate 5 gallons went onto a first floor room. The fish are fine, but not sure what to do with the carpet. Sounds like the pad where it got wet needs to be replaced. Anyone been through this?

We stick a box fan on it and possibly pull up the top carpet to expose the padding and fully dry it. Using oxyclean or some lysol will help inhibit mold or smells and help disinfect the affected area.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

+1 on big fan. On second thought, you can hire carpet cleaning service. One stone two birds.
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

A wet vac is also very useful. I actually ended up using cheap play sand, turned my bedroom into a beach, and once the sand had soaked the water from the carpet, I vacuumed the sand up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Did the wetvac. Not sure between hiring a service or shampooing myself. Thanks all for the input.

Comment

I had this happen to me twice although not from the aquarium(washer and busted seal on water heater). One time I used my carpet cleaner to pick up the water and used a compact shop fan to dry it. The second time my apartments sent a cleaning service and they used their professional vac and fan. Both times the padding was replaced and mildew prevention chemical was used.

Comment

ohmygosh, you are a genius! Wish I had known this when I was moping all the water up from the recent flood. What a great idea!

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
              A wet vac is also very useful. I actually ended up using cheap play sand, turned my bedroom into a beach, and once the sand had soaked the water from the carpet, I vacuumed the sand up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X