Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up My Tank. Your Opinions, Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome fish species if your going for peaceful SA tank

Comment

the geos are very peaceful and turn out beautiful colors, but yes i hear can get very defensive breeding. all good advice through the thread. some geo species work better than others together. i have a few will be looking to re-home, but they are bigger

Comment

My tapajos breed in the community tank. They just chase the other fish if they get to close. No nipping or any damage

Comment

Yeah, I like geos too. They really don't look like much until they're fairly mature though, but they're worth the wait.
          As a proffessional landscape designer I'm going to offer honest constructive criticism on your hardscaping, because you asked for it.
          The angle and direction of the two left pieces of wood are parallel and look very natural. The direction of the large piece is crossing against them though. In nature, it would be more likely that they would all be going the same way, due to currents, wind, the direction from which sunlight hit them when they were alive, etc,...
          It's probably not a big deal but it catches a trained eye.
          Also, the golden rule of design is Odd Numbers. Even numbered things can look too balanced and contrived for some reason.
          Throw one more stone in there.
          Now don't anybody bust my chops for being insensitive. I'm only saying what my old teachers would have said to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hydra View Post
            Yeah, I like geos too. They really don't look like much until they're fairly mature though, but they're worth the wait.
            As a proffessional landscape designer I'm going to offer honest constructive criticism on your hardscaping, because you asked for it.
            The angle and direction of the two left pieces of wood are parallel and look very natural. The direction of the large piece is crossing against them though. In nature, it would be more likely that they would all be going the same way, due to currents, wind, the direction from which sunlight hit them when they were alive, etc,...
            It's probably not a big deal but it catches a trained eye.
            Also, the golden rule of design is Odd Numbers. Even numbered things can look too balanced and contrived for some reason.
            Throw one more stone in there.
            Now don't anybody bust my chops for being insensitive. I'm only saying what my old teachers would have said to me.
            Cool bro. I could learn something from your comment.
            010G Long fin BN grow-out
            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community
            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by ptran View Post
              Cool bro. I could learn something from your comment.
              Oh, I absolutely appreciate your comments! As for as the rocks, they are just "holding a spot." I'm going to put a larger cluster of stones right there....I think.

I used to be a hobby photographer, so I pretty much understand the basic concepts of design. Unfortunately, due to the location of the aquarium in the room, I really need to put the larger piece on that right side if we want to have a good view, which is what is messing everything up. :( It's a fantastic piece though, from a fish's point of view , and I can't afford another one at the moment. :( It was a pretty massive piece, and I even sawed off some of it, much to my husband's dismay!

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmom6 View Post
                Oh, I absolutely appreciate your comments! As for as the rocks, they are just "holding a spot." I'm going to put a larger cluster of stones right there....I think.

I used to be a hobby photographer, so I pretty much understand the basic concepts of design. Unfortunately, due to the location of the aquarium in the room, I really need to put the larger piece on that right side if we want to have a good view, which is what is messing everything up. :( It's a fantastic piece though, from a fish's point of view , and I can't afford another one at the moment. :( It was a pretty massive piece, and I even sawed off some of it, much to my husband's dismay!
                Yeah, I was afraid of that. The 2 little ones are perfect but that's obviously the best view of the big one. Fortunately, when dealing with nature, few rules are set in stone. Your plants will stir the dynamics. It's all good. :)

Comment

Working...
                X