No announcement yet.

Seeking advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunately phosphates do not directly harm your fish, even at high levels. However, the algae blooms that result from elevated phosphates can ultimately cause problems for the aquarium inhabitants. For instance,
    which in turn can harm the fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

yeah the quote i gave from the seachem forum was about a black algae bloom initially....i just copied ther eply that applied here from their staff.

i personally have never used any specific treatment for phosphates. i have never seen any issues. i think water changes just remove them anyway that form from fish food/waste. so as long as you are on top of your changes, it never becomes an issue. any phosphates that are broken down get absorbed by plants

Comment

I see. To be honest, I never pay attention to phosphate. I don't mind algae growing on rock. My fish actually enjoy grazing algae.
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by ptran View Post
          I see. To be honest, I never pay attention to phosphate. I don't mind algae growing on rock. My fish actually enjoy grazing algae.
          me either. my plecos take care of any algae growth. i have too many plecos though after i adopted 4 of them when another member moved. need to find a trade partner for 2 of them
          Last edited by morpheus; 02-27-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

i get this black or brown algae growth on my plants that slowly will kill the leaves if I don't get my phosphates down. I also get green to brown algae on my glass that I have to scrap off with a blade it wont come off that easily with a pad. I have two BN plecos. the chemi pure elite great slows down the growth on those algaes. If anyone knows what i am dealing with please chime in would love to know what growing on my plant leaves. If I hijack this thread let me know and I will start a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
              i get this black or brown algae growth on my plants that slowly will kill the leaves if I don't get my phosphates down. I also get green to brown algae on my glass that I have to scrap off with a blade it wont come off that easily with a pad. I have two BN plecos. the chemi pure elite great slows down the growth on those algaes. If anyone knows what i am dealing with please chime in would love to know what growing on my plant leaves. If I hijack this thread let me know and I will start a new one.
              i would say start a new thread. pictures of it would help too if you have any

Comment

Going out of town this weekend but will start a new thread with pictures when I get back.

Comment

Working...
                X