92 corner tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 corner tank

Just wanted to show some pics of my tank to see what yall think I think I finally got it the way I want it. The only thing is the spray coming off the 2262 hits the front glass goes down and pushes the sand back. Thinking about adding an other spray bar to lengthen it across the whole back so it may not be as strong.

Attached Files

Good looking setup. I like the stone veneer. Did you cut it to have the viewing panel through to another room? Kinda hard to tell from the pic. Do you have any idea what the total weight is of the background? I've always wanted to do this but had worries about supporting it

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

sweet setup. love what you did with the background
      280g:peacocks
      210g : haps
      12g : shellies
      (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Beautiful tank, plant, rock, background. I want this tank!!!
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
          Do you have any idea what the total weight is of the background? I've always wanted to do this but had worries about supporting it
          150 lbs/cu ft.
          It shouldn't be any heavier than the tile background that I've seen on Sunny's tank.
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

not sure on the weight but I got the stone ledger from floor and decor they are 6 inches high by either 16 or 24 inches long. I got egg create or light diffuser whatever you what to call it spry painted it back and cut to fit against the walls of the aquarium. I then silicone the ledger stone to the egg create. Had to make a few cuts on the ledger stone but not many just bought a tile saw blade and used a regular circular saw. Yes I brought the ledger stone up 12 inches on the left hand side to line up with the top of the kitchen counter so you can view the aquarium from the kitchen also. the ledger stone can even be bought in corner pieces which is what I have all my intake tubes hidden behind. I love the black/grey rock I have but had to get it at fish gallery it was kinda of expensive but worth it. I went to 3 different stone yards and couldn't find anything black but river stones. Did find some zebra rock at one stone yard but it was just as expensive as the fish gallery stone. Since I didn't silicone the egg create to the back of the aquarium i can remove it if i ever want to. Junk does get back there but every time I do a water change a bunch of it seeps out and I can get rid of a lot of it.

Comment

That was another concern of mine. Once so much crap gets stuck behind there it's gotta be tough on the bioload. I'll make sure to silicone in securely if I go that route. Awesome setup Mcgee, thanks for the info

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

that looks great...everyone has already said it but the background is sweet

Comment

Thanks every one for the kind comments!

Comment

[QUOTE=amcgee2842;749739]Just wanted to show some pics of my tank to see what yall think I think I finally got it the way I want it. The only thing is the spray coming off the 2262 hits the front glass goes down and pushes the sand back. Thinking about adding an other spray bar to lengthen it across the whole back so it may not be as strong.
                    [QUOTE]

Put couple more rocks on where the spray hit glass.
                    020G Leulepi grow-out
                    030G Leulepi breeder
                    030G SRD FlowerHorn
                    090G Tangs community
                    100G Tangs community

Comment

looks great!
                      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
                      X