235 Gallon Quarter Cylinder Dental Office Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 235 Gallon Quarter Cylinder Dental Office Tank

So I want to get a tank for my dental office. The space that makes the most sense is the corner of the lobby, so I am pretty much set on this tank:

Fish Tanks Direct specializes exclusively in freshwater aquariums and saltwater fish tanks. Buy your aquarium fish tanks direct and save with free shipping.

Just wanted to get any thoughts and recommendations for lighting, filtration, and stocking. I plan on doing CA/SA fish, just not sure what to get yet. The footprint would be 48x48x30. Oh and if anyone has an idea of where I could get this type of tank for cheaper, that'd be great too, this is the only one I could find online. The company offers to add a sump, but I figure I can save money by putting in my own filter. I have used FX5 and FX6 at home with no problems, except that they can get slightly noisy. No idea how I would light this thing.

Thoughts?

Since it looks like you'll be spending a small fortune on tank, stand, and canopy alone, I'd recommend something affordable for lighting. LED floodlights are a great option, and you could light the tank magnificently for around $100. As far as filtration, I think a large sump is your best bet (minimal maintenance, you can hide equipment, and you wouldn't need any other filtration). A group of geophagus, and a school of tetra, rasbora, or something similar would be awesome

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

For that price, you might even be able to get a custom setup through a shop like ADG

Comment

Thanks, I'll talk to ADG for a quote. I was def considering a group of geos, but it would also be cool to have one or two larger growing cichlids as well, maybe a severum or Oscar, although an Oscar would prevent me from getting small schooling fish.

Comment

With a tank that size you've got a lot of possibilities. It all depends which route you're looking into

Comment

I got a pretty good deal from Fish Gallery here in Austin for a semi-circle 60x30x30ish tall with stand and canopy. They have a nice store in Houston as well.
            300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
            225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
            210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
            160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
            90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
            90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

Working...
            X