FishRoom Humidity and Moisture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishRoom Humidity and Moisture

One thing I didn't consider when I did my fish room was the issue of humidity and moisture which leads to mold. No mold issues but I'm afraid that if I don't incorporate something preventative, it will become issue. The fish room always feels warm and damp and there is condensation on the windows. The house is old and the windows are painted shut, but would raising the windows up help if a ceiling fan is in place? Anything I can buy to help or anything else I can do?
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

This would be my recommendation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Josiah. ..are all of the tanks covered with tops ? If not ....then make tops that include the back plastic flange like piece. This will cut down on the amount of evaporation from the tanks thus cutting down the majority if not all of the humidity.

Comment

They don't have tops. Is there a cheap DIY fix? Barrett I'm thinking of getting one but wanted to get some ideas before I made decision.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

If you can raise the window and run a fan to force the air out the window it will do the same thing.

Cheap tops? Look into what Austy is using on his tanks. That stuff is pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Polycarbonate roof panels from Home Depot are cheap, but you'll still lose some water to evaporation. It would help but I don't know if it's a good permanent fix for you. I think Barrett's on a good track with the fan facing out the window

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

The best to avoid the moisture that you have a Glass top ( I know it will costly but help reduce 80% of moisture my friend did it and it work well) also it will save you on water bill and electric build ( heater). beside the top glass put a small fan at the window and put it on the timer and run 6 to 8 hours per day. As I build my fish room I use the bathroom fan and it will run 6 to 8 hours per with 3 or 4 different time frame.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                Josiah. ..are all of the tanks covered with tops ? If not ....then make tops that include the back plastic flange like piece. This will cut down on the amount of evaporation from the tanks thus cutting down the majority if not all of the humidity.
                Glass top will do the trick, even without the back plastic piece. A ceiling/floor fan would help move the moisture around and eventually into your AC system.
                010G Long fin BN grow-out
                020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community
                150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Buy dehumidifier they suck the humidity out of the air