Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs

Does anyone have experience using decapsulated brine shrimp eggs to feed new free swimming fry?

Hi Ken, so you got some baby severums?
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Not yet but I want to be ready. I also have some geos who are getting ready to spawn. I have hatched so many brine shrimp in the past and it is a lot of work and takes up a lot of space. If these will work and the fry eat them that would be so much easier. I already ordered some and I will try them when I have some fry to try them on.

I am also thinking about setting up a tank of daphnia. that looks pretty simple and might be a good alternative early food.
      Last edited by Ken B; 02-10-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Check out kens fish. I just bought decapsilated brine shrimp eggs for my geo fry. I have been using a diy gel food that works awesome for fry 1 week old

Comment

I grow my geos out to 2-3" in about 3 or 4 months using my gel food

Comment

If you don't want to do gel food I used this for the 1st month and they grew fast. http://www.kensfish.com/cgi-kensfish...d3703a707524bc

Comment

Looks like a very good product and sure beats hatching brine shrimp! Thanks Adam!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken B View Post
                Looks like a very good product and sure beats hatching brine shrimp! Thanks Adam!
                Jewel cichlids spawned today. Not too excited about jewels but good to have spawning activity.

Comment

Got the brine shrimp in from kens. Will update you on how effective it is

Comment

I will be testing it in a few days when the little wigglers start swimming.

Comment

Working...
                    X