Need help with stocking list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
    Angel's would be top, bottom, and all over. Hatchet Fish will fill the top.
    Hatchet arent very appealing to me. Would angels fit ok with my tank inhabitants?

Comment

Severums and geos are too big and too active to house angels with them. They might or might not pick on the angels but they will make the angels uncomfortable with their activity level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken B View Post
        Severums and geos are too big and too active to house angels with them. They might or might not pick on the angels but they will make the angels uncomfortable with their activity level.

ok. could you recommend some other fish that i could go with? Maybe a blue acara and a firemouth?

Comment

Acaras and firemouth would probably work but I sometimes approach this delightful problem another way. I would just leave the tank as it is for a little while and just keep looking at different ideas. See, once you fill up the tank you might come across something you really want and have no room left in the tank. So you don't have to be in a hurry to fill up the tank. Go to the auction on Sunday and see what fish are there.

Comment

Would angels fit ok with my tank inhabitants?
            I keep Big Angels with Big Geo's and Big Severum. My Angels are every happy fish.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I keep Big Angels with Big Geo's and Big Severum. My Angels are every happy fish.
              Makes sense. If they are all grown, then the activity level would be very similar between them and angels could be with those severums and geos. I just never tried it but I will now.

Comment

guys would you watch this video and tell me what's wrong with the tetra?

https://youtu.be/nuD-ZacYS0s

Comment

Looks like it might be some sort of swim bladder issue. Check your parameters and temps. With it only affecting a solitary tetra I imagine its not endemic to the tank and not contagious. Could be a long list of issues, but I'd simply wait and watch. Might make it or might not, just depends. I just always check all parameters when anything acts funny just in case.
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

I like to follow this post because I also recently got a 100g and have been figuring out what to stock it with. Now I have 2 fire mouths, 2 electric blue acaras, 4 albino corys, and a rubber lip pleco.

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
                      I like to follow this post because I also recently got a 100g and have been figuring out what to stock it with. Now I have 2 fire mouths, 2 electric blue acaras, 4 albino corys, and a rubber lip pleco.
                      I wanted to get a few firemouths, but i think im set. Have you considered severum?

Caught my red severum lip locking yesterday, and today i have a small group of electric blue acara fry swimming around[/URL]
                      Last edited by frusterdated; 04-01-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

No, I haven't looked into severums so far, but that's really cool! They get along well with the acaras? I'm afraid the fire mouths will eat any fry that appear.

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
                          No, I haven't looked into severums so far, but that's really cool! They get along well with the acaras? I'm afraid the fire mouths will eat any fry that appear.
                          before acara babies, they paid each other no mind. now the severum just lurk above the acara's waiting for them to slip and sneak in. the acara's have been great parents, been real fun to watch them both take turns protecting the young.

Comment

Very cool man. They like your water!
                            010G Long fin BN grow-out
                            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                            020G Leulepi grow-out
                            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                            030G Leulepi breeder
                            030G SRD FlowerHorn
                            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                            090G Tangs community
                            100G Tangs community
                            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

That's cool! Acara's are very pretty.
                              How are the Tapajo's doing? Have they dug up everything in the tank?
                              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

That's cool! Acara's are very pretty.
                                How are the Tapajo's doing? Have they dug up everything in the tank?
                                The tapajos are great, very entertaining to watch especially around feeding time.

Comment

Working...
                                X