Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished digging a pond where to find rocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow down due to bad weather lol?
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Howdy folks,

Sorry for the late reply. The weather did put a damp, pun intended😄, on my dig but I made some headway. Bought a 330 gallon plastic tote for a DIY settling chamber that is about half way done til it rained. Stupid Htown weather!

I decided to dig a bit deeper about half a foot or so to make it 5 ft even. Im plumbing the bottom drain and plan to put down the liner tomorrow or whenever this retarded rain stops, which we all know it won't because the rain God likes to F up your plan when you're doing yard work.

Bought some rocks which turns out not too much to my liking when I brought them home. Probably going to DIY my own rocks with wire mesh and cement.

Comment

I feel ya. I spent the last two days replacing some trees in the back yard and almost sunk to the wet soil. but I learn a lesson that the first 12"-18" of soil is really wet and cannot support anything when it soaks with rain water. so either collar for heavy rock or DIY rock will work better.
        It sounds like you are in a good process there. Please keep us updated with pictures. Lol.

Comment

I saw you on koi phen :)

Comment

lol yeah, I have been a member here for a while.

Comment

Yea I thought I recognize your screen name. As for the wet clay I hope I can build a berm ( I think that's what it's called) around the edges then liner over and under to prevent water seepage. Don't know if that'll help or not.

Comment

I talked to a fish store owner who used to install waterfall and rock edges for ponds without collars in Houston. Since they received so many complaints from customers about leak in waterfall and rock edges due to settlement, they stopped making rock waterfalls for customer and started selling pre-made waterfalls.

On the side note, I was amazed I could dig three holes around 5ft diameter/3ft deep for my trees. I guess I can dig the hole for the pond myself. ( Come to work today with sore back and amrs, lol). hardest part was taking the wet clay to the truck and dumping it.

Comment

Where'd you end up dumping dirt? I had to spread it around my yard still not enough room though.

Comment

We have a construction site here on HW249 that needs dirt for leveling , so they put a " Need fill dirt" sign. it works for me and them.

Comment

Working...
                    X