Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the world of aquarium addiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beamswork's 1W fixture is unbeatable when it comes to price and performance, plus, if you order from topdogsellers on eBay, it only takes two days shipping since they're located in Houston

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

I can't thank yall enough. Ordering today!

Comment

my 75 gal has a makeshift center divider too and a glass piece for each side. i bought a marineland single bright LED and it spans the entire tank one side to the other. provides enough light to the bottom. the marineland ones are extendable in terms of the clip, but the light fixture itself is what it is....so just ensure you order the right light that spans the tank (or two separate strips).

Comment

For 75G tank, I think 36" light strip is plenty of light. Save some money.
          010G Long fin BN grow-out
          020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          040G Hongi Sweden breeder
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community
          150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Well I ordered the Beamsworks 48inch 1w LED. Unfortunately, I went by what I was told the dimensions were instead of measuring myself. It's actually a 60inch tank. It is 90 gallons if my calculations are right. So 48inch LED on a 60inch tank. I'm about to go get some glass lids. I'm so mad that I didn't measure it first!!!

Comment

It should be okay if you have glass lid. I have 4ft light on a 6ft tank and I think that is too much light.
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
                Well I ordered the Beamsworks 48inch 1w LED. Unfortunately, I went by what I was told the dimensions were instead of measuring myself. It's actually a 60inch tank. It is 90 gallons if my calculations are right. So 48inch LED on a 60inch tank. I'm about to go get some glass lids. I'm so mad that I didn't measure it first!!!
                It kinda sounds like it could be a 110 gallon, or else probably a custom job. That makes for a sweet footprint either way!

Here's a calculator site you can use if you want to double check: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/conv...calculator.php

The formula is: L x W x H (in feet) x 7.47 (to gallons)

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

I agree. I had a 110 high once. I believe the same exact demensions 5 footer. It was a pain to buy lights for it. You should do ok with a 4ft LED.
                  Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                  Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

I'll have it within the next couple of days hopefully and will post some pics. I'm going to get custom lids from glasscages. Will post pics.

Comment

They do make 60in T5HO fixtures and bulbs. But I agree with the others 48in will be fine for what you are looking for and already bought
                      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

For the glass tops you can get them local from any glass cutter shop, might save on price and shipping..just FYI
                        380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                        300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                        180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                        150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Tankgirl, check with Andy at Fishland. He usually have in stock what you need for glasstop. And usually for a reasonable price! I bought many glasstop from him
                          020G Leulepi grow-out
                          030G Leulepi breeder
                          030G SRD FlowerHorn
                          090G Tangs community
                          100G Tangs community

Comment

You guys are so helpful. I'm going to call around on my lunch and see what I can get made. This is a fun hobby I'm learning.

Comment

i agree with ptran...i have only shopped there a few times, but Fishland was reasonably priced. good variety for SA/CA. also africans. I have bought from there a few times. good healthy livestock

Comment

Howdy and welcome aboard.
                                “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Working...
                                X