how to move a big tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to move a big tank

Any suggestions on how to move a big tank without breaking. I understand the more people the better. How you have done it and equipment used. How you secured it in truck so that it didn't break when you hit the first bump.

i happen to live around alot of family, so the lifting of the tank is not a problem for me. i use 2 four wheel dollies to move the tank around.
    as far as on the truck, i put plenty of card board between the tank and front end of the bed and then strap it down so it won't move.
    280g:peacocks
    210g : haps
    12g : shellies
    (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

I agree with Beto, moving dollies and extra hands. 4 wheel moving dollies on each end and carry it as little as possible. Every place I could roll it I roll it only lifting it off to go up my porch. Get some people to come help. Those extra hands will go a long ways. Make sure the truck has plenty of cardboard and padding to protect the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by beto View Post
        i happen to live around alot of family, so the lifting of the tank is not a problem for me. i use 2 four wheel dollies to move the tank around.
        as far as on the truck, i put plenty of card board between the tank and front end of the bed and then strap it down so it won't move.
        +1. I also see people using giant "suction cup" on the glass. It provide a good handle to lift and move tanks.
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Everything above, and a cheap pair of rubber garden gloves can be a major help as well

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

I used styrofoam pieces to place in between the tank and the truck I moved 125 gallon tank from San Antonio to Houston without problems

Comment

I moved a 200 with 4 guys. We used suction cups to lift and had a sheet of wood in truck for it to sit on. Also had a small board at front to help keep it front sliding into bed.

200 - African cichlids
              72 - Salty Bow Front
              33 Cube - community
              10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I moved my 150 gallon by putting it on a piece plywood in back truck, then placed pie 2x4 in front of tank and screwed the 2x4 block into plywood. I put a big pillow in between tank and toolbox. I also screwed down blocks on side of tank to the plywood. I recommend you use caution cranking down on ratchet straps because you can cause problems with seals.

Be sure you secure sheet plywood in your truck. On moving and lifting the ratchet straps can be useful on using them underneath. It takes the "backbreaking" part out.

Comment

Only took 2 of us to take a 540 acrylic tank off it's stand and load it into a van. I move a 300gl acrylic by myself before. Just have to know what you doing. 4 guys for a 200gl? Next time hit me up.

Comment

Working...
                  X