How Not to talk to people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not to talk to people

People ask alot of questions. It's just what we do. You ask a question because you don't have the answer. But when you are trying to sell someone something on this site or any site for that matter, don't treat a potential buyer like crap because they ask question's.

For instance: 300gal tank and DIY stand for sale only. People want to know, does it have sctratches, and cracks or leaks. Don't get pissy because people ask. Sure we can read. You have any idea how many times folks have driven completely out of there way just to show up to a lost cause. If they had only asked first.

This was the response I got for asking too many questions: You ask questions like I'm selling a house. I can't help it if you don't comprehend what you read. Usually the one asking a thousand is usually the one not buying anything. A lot of wishful thinking on your end. A plain and simple 300gl aquarium on a stand and you act like I'm selling you a 5 bedroom house. Stick to the 55gl.

I won't post your name. But I can assure you, people can figure it out quickly when they read the for sale page. Merry Christmas.

I was invited to HFB. by a member. Made a deal on a filter. algarciajr A long time member is some one have and I would buy from again. there are others who are honest people. I do read the fish market adds. (BUT) befor I even write. I look at things like join date. posts, and thanks, If they are just here to get out of the hobby. All their stuff for sale. Or just out to make a buck. It really doesn't matter If you want the item You are going to ask. If they want to sale. they should answer. The one thing you can never tell is what kind of day that person is having.
    Have a good day!
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

How Not to talk to people

Some people are just A-holes, don't sweat em. Had to boot the same guy off another forum for talking about illegal fish and calling people game wardens when they offered advice. Not worth your stress

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Sorry about your experience. I ask a lot of questions too. I feel you...
        I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
        And then they get so ticked off when, I ask them for a a social security number, a photo ID, and mailing addresses over the last 5 years. It's just a background check.
        Just trying to make you laugh... Really sorry you had a bad time. It should be expected. Esp. For the pricer items.
        Personally, I'd rather sell to folks on the Hbox. I feel better letting go of things to folks who will put items to good use. or take good care of the fish. These folks usually ask questions, besides just price.
        Emerald Green Rainbowfish
        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
        X