Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Double 75 gallon aquarium stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Double 75 gallon aquarium stand?

Does anyone have a good idea how to build one? Is it recommended for 2 tanks to be on one stand? Or a place to buy one?

Thanks.

Think i saw one on Drfostersmith made out of metal

200 - African cichlids
    72 - Salty Bow Front
    33 Cube - community
    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

It's totally feasible, you just need to make the stand extremely sturdy. Double up on your 2x4s. Make sure to leave enough room between the two so that you can maintenance the bottom tank with ease. You could stack them directly on top of one another, or you could extend the bottom tank out a little so that it sits out front of the top tank

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

My only concern about the metal one in foster and smith is that it doesnt look durable. Anyone have any pics of a double tank stand?

Comment

Plenty of results on Google images

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

I have the stand from Dr. Fostersmith and it moves quite a bit from being "top heavy" with a lot of lateral movement. I am hopefully going to get started on this project soon of building aquarium racks from 2x4 and this is a solid design http://tedsfishroom.com/tag/stand/. I will do a double stand for the 6'x 18" foot print

Comment

You need to make the legs out of 2x6 or 4x4.i have both,4x4 more stable.I can send pics to your phone

Comment

Sure

Comment

What about those steel racks one of them said 2000 pounds per shelf?

Comment

U think its reliable?

Comment

I have built several over the years and it need to be near a wall to attach it or anchor to because it's too top heavy.
                      Build out of 2x6 and screws it will easily hold the tanks even without doubling them up if using proper technique .Reef Central has good plans to get ideas.
                      Good Luck

Comment

Very feasible. I'm building a stand for a 75gal now out of 1-1/2" steel square tube with cherry wrap. The wrap will be held on by magnets for easy service. I attached the following pictures with the completed picture as the design concept. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419860574.894490.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419860598.658453.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419860607.105670.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X