No announcement yet.

Christmas is here! Tropheus or Petros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas is here! Tropheus or Petros?

While the iron is hot, I've gotten the green light from my wife to once again do tropheus. I had some mishaps with a little spilled water, and she gave me he'll about having a tank larger than 55gal. But a last she has been gracious and reconsidered. I dug up a spare 55gallon after cracking the last one I set up with calvus. I'm now forgiven, and set up a grow out tank. I moved some furniture around in my bedroom, and managed to carve out enough space to eventually fit a 120-150gallon (once the fish grow out a little). My wife approved a 120gallon. I'm gonna try to sneak in a 150 or 180 (please please please).
    Don't have time to set it up until May or June.
    Now I just gotta figure out what I want.
    Group of Dubs karaliani (I love the narrow bands)?
    Group of Cherry spots?
    Yellow moshi and Trews (assuming my wife doesn't recognize them as the big expensive fish I had before and that I actually find some that won't break the bank)?
    I know everyone says get what you like. But it's like do you want the blue Maybach, or a black and red Bugatti, or yellow Lamborghini, and a chocolate Ferrari?
    i guess ultimately my pocketbook will decide.
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Tough choices. Priority 1: keep wife happy, so I'd say stick with the trophs. Karaliani would be neat, plus I don't believe anyone else on here keeps them, so selling the fry could be an excuse used to keep the lady happy

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Problem is where to get karaliani. I think the mawasa look nice, but I use to have a colony of karaliani which I truly miss. Most had no stripe and had some of the brightest blue heads, with long pelvic fins.
      mogonman says he can get some cherry spots, by Monday so I may go with that. I use to have an 8ft tank with 35 WC specimens, which I unfortunately bloated out 9 years ago. Lots of fighting, I think my ratio was bad, 1:1 (m:f).
      A year ago I had to get rid of my brand new Trew colony when I moved, those were fun- bloat proof!
      It would be cool to have a tank f Trews and Yellow Moshi.
      Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Christmas is here! Tropheus or Petros?

If you can pull off the petros without your wife noticing the 10" fish in the tank, that's the ticket lol like you said originally, they're all good choices. Can't really go wrong with any of the above mentioned

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to as for permission

Comment

Originally posted by Danster View Post
            it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to as for permission
            It's a phrase I'm all too familiar with.
            Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

LOL, I know the GHAC meeting is over at John's and he has a ton of Trophs and Petros, you should come out. Its at least in Spring, so not too far away... would be nice to put a face to the name on the box at least
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
              Desiderius Erasmus
              GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                LOL, I know the GHAC meeting is over at John's and he has a ton of Trophs and Petros, you should come out. Its at least in Spring, so not too far away... would be nice to put a face to the name on the box at least
                I maybe able to go. Are we allowed to bring wife and kid?
                Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

I just ordered 26 cherry spots from Moganman/Josh. Picking them up next Monday.
                  Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Indeed, its a family friendly club. We usually bring our kiddos
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                    Desiderius Erasmus
                    GHAC President

Comment

Just found out we are celebrating my mother in laws birthday tonight, so I won't make it to the party. Maybe I'll go to the next GHAC meeting if I'm not working ( which is usually never- I'm only off maybe 3 days a month).
                      Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Geoff is the only person i know who has karaliani dubs in houston saw them in person back in 2008.

Comment

I hear that a lot. He vanished. Haven't seen his post in forever. But then again. I did the same thing for a while.
                          Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                          X