Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lighting question- Which Finnex is right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting question- Which Finnex is right for me?

So I have a Fluval Spec V I am setting up. Currently running but only has substrate (eco complete) and water in it. No plants or no fish yet. I'm going to be upgrading the filter by building a media basket, and I want to upgrade the light as well. I don't plan on running a Co2 system but will be dosing and/or using root tabs.

I've been looking at the Finnex line of products, as internet reviews rate them highly for this tank. I am just confused as to which light to go with since I won't be running Co2. I'm looking at the Finnex Fugeray, Finnex Fugeray II, and Finnex Planted+, and I'll probably go with a 16" version of whichever one. I'm also open to other suggestions on lights. Thank you in advance for the help.

Originally posted by mr big87 View Post
    So I have a Fluval Spec V I am setting up. Currently running but only has substrate (eco complete) and water in it. No plants or no fish yet. I'm going to be upgrading the filter by building a media basket, and I want to upgrade the light as well. I don't plan on running a Co2 system but will be dosing and/or using root tabs.

I've been looking at the Finnex line of products, as internet reviews rate them highly for this tank. I am just confused as to which light to go with since I won't be running Co2. I'm looking at the Finnex Fugeray, Finnex Fugeray II, and Finnex Planted+, and I'll probably go with a 16" version of whichever one. I'm also open to other suggestions on lights. Thank you in advance for the help.
    I have the finnex planted+ on several of my tanks. I grow low to medium light plants with no issues. I dose excel and flourish with no co2.

Comment

Working...
    X