Help me identify this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this

I have a 10 gallon nano reef and it's been running without issues for 6 months now. Recently I noticed these long almost transparent tentacles coming out of the rock. I can see multiple tentacles coming out of different holes. I have an ongoing battle with aiphtasia but I know this isn't one. Can one of you tell me what this is?
    Also it seems to be active when there is no circulation.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414453596.803692.jpg

Aiptasia or spionid worm i cant really see the pic

Comment

Hello Willshort, thanks for the reply. I know the picture is not so great but it is the best I could do. It's about two hairs thick, jelly like transparency and has thin black stripes. It definitely is not aiphtasia Meanwhile, I will research on the spionid worm.

Comment

No problem

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414464470.699860.jpg i found this image

Comment

Looks like a spionid worm. I will keep it under observation and see what happens. Thanks much.

Comment

With the reported stripes, is it a brittle star hidden out in the live rock?
              39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Comment

Nope it's also not a brittle star it just seems to have a evenly spaced bands on its tentacles. As I said the tentacles looks white and jelly like. I had noticed it before during water changes but I always assumed that it was all part of the gunk. Only today while feeding I had turned off the circulation when I started seeing this moving about. The moment I touch it it retracts in.

Comment

Looks kinds like a veramid snail. I know I spelled that wrong but they are a sessile snail. There should be a tube sticking out of the rock about the size of a piece of small rice. Then what looks like the strand of a spider web. Super glue gel over the end might be the only way to kill it.

Comment

Working...
                  X