Red cherry shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red cherry shrimp

Have a good colony going in a 10 gallon but this is my first time with shrimp. How should I cull? What does a good grade shrimp look like and what are the differences between male and female. Here are some pics of the shrimp.

not sure but i may be willing to take some off you if you want to sell.

Comment

Ya I'm looking to sell. Need to get a count first. Not sure what rcs sell for?

Comment

i would say online i have been seeing $2-3 each with a few dips into the $1 for quick sale.

for choosing not sure but i would research the grading system for them but im no pro. i would just keep the ones i liked and sell the rest.

right now im not sure as my tank has 3 pumpkin shrimp and not sure if i would want to mix.

Comment

Males are a bit clearer and smaller, the females often are larger and more solidly colored. Any that are saddled are female. As far as culling, removing any that are missing large areas of red/solid red coloring can eventually lead to more solid lineages. Painted Red, Taiwan Fire, and Sakura are improved lineages on the cherry neo line. Other then yellows and a few odd lines, most of the neos are derived from offthrows of red cherries.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

Pumkins and neos will cross as they are the same species. Sunkist are a brackish orange species that are a low order breeder and won't breed under normal aquarium conditions. They look similar to Pumpkin and need a keen eye to spot the difference or a knowledgeable supplier who knows what they are selling. If they are bred in FW then they are pumpkins and not sunkist.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

Well if you want any I'll do $1.50 a piece. I'm in katy.

Comment

Your shrimp look good. It's been a long time since I've had shrimp. I don't miss them.
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I enjoy watching them. Going to set up a 3 gallon shrimp tank for my classroom

Comment

What do you mean by saddled mnemenoi?

Comment

Setup another little 3 gallon tank.

Comment

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

They are developing eggs and can be seen in their lower back just prior to the tail. On their next molt they will have eggs
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

That last picture, the female has eggs.

Comment

Working...
                              X