Confused on what's going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on what's going on

So, I have had my tank cycling for about a month now. Water tested great so, I went to the LFS to get them to double check me. Everything was good, so they told me to get two tomato clownfish-- So I did. They have been doing great! Until a couple of days ago. One of them is perfectly fine, the other is sick-- I think. I'm guessing it's the less dominant one, but I'm not sure. It's back tail is a little shredded, it's acting like it can't swim, and it's not eating. It's acting like it doesn't have balance, and he gets off balance and gets in weird positions. (Yesterday, he was wedged in the sand on his side. We thought he was dead.) He is sitting in corners at the bottom, or sometimes just lets go and floats around. It's really hard to explain. It looks like his scales might be coming off, or like he has "blisters".

I wasn't sure if it's a submissive/dominant thing and he is being bullied, or if he is sick. I've been researching it ALOT and still can't decide what it is. PLEASE HELP!

Tomato clowns are *******s. Probably a dominance issue

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
      Tomato clowns are *******s. Probably a dominance issue
      I separated them...do you think that's alright? I want him to get better!

Comment

Originally posted by daso View Post
        I separated them...do you think that's alright? I want him to get better!

Here is a picture of him. I separated them for a while and he seemed to get better. 24 hours after I release him from the breeder net, he's back to the same odd actions. He's vertical in the corner and has not moved since.

IMG_5736.jpg

Comment

I have 2 tomato clowns and 1 is more aggressive. I got them at the same size but the aggressive one got bigger. I have a 265 so there's not much aggression. Most of the time they get along. Have plenty of rocks for hiding places? On my phone so I can't really see details on the body. Probably best to get rid of one so it won't die of stress

Comment

Working...
          X