Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to HFB!

Hello all :)

I have had a few cichlids for some time, but have only recently been bitten by the fish bug to improve my fish and tank setup. I have a 150gallon show tank with a large red top hongi, a few yellow labs, their offspring (I think), a mature female convict, and a big ol' spotted leopard catfish. I just added several jacobfreibergi, one acei, two blue afra, two auratus, two kenyii, two cobalts and two red zebras.

I want to get a long 120 gallon, put white sand in it, and move my fish to that. I also want to set up a small quarantine/brood tank because my yellow lab is holding again...

Thanks for the great advice and beautiful pics! Hope I can add my own one day :)
    Not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Welcome to the box! I think you'll want a 125 (6' by 1.5' by 2') as opposed to a 120 (4' by 2' by 2'). What made you want to downgrade tanks?

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

What's up...Peisha ? !! Welcome to the Box !!!!

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Space really. I'm moving my tank to the dining room, and a longer, shallower tank will fit better along the wall without sticking out as much as current one. Also, I'm short, and even with a ladder can't reach the bottom of my current tank. It's 48" long x 30" tall x 24" deep. Yes, a 125 gallon sounds perfect! Now to find a good deal on one here on hfb lol...
          Not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Comment

Keep your eyes open....those 125g. pop up all the time .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here, Craigslist, and Facebook groups (GHAC and the Houston Cichlid Club) are all good outlets for finding a deal

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Welcome to the Box!
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Welcome to HFB!

IMO, the 125 work be better for African Cichlids so you're definitely headed in the right direction.
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Welcome to Houston Fish Box. I am from Beaumont too hope I have a change to meet you.

Comment

Working...
                    X