No announcement yet.

Velvet information please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think this might be the way to go. Few reactions on PC and all others point towards Velvet.
    Fingers crossed it will help!

Comment

An update. Planet Catfish, no one seemed interested in responding, I got one response of 'Velvet?"

I went with Heat, salt and API General Cure. 2 tanks got salt only, 2 tanks got API only, and 1 tank got some salt and API. I have a room heater for when it gets cool and it's not a very good one. I kept trying to get the room to 84-86 but with the heater the tanks were registering 96. Of course this is our hottest time this summer. But all the fish did fine. I have seen no fish losses in any tanks. One tank I saw a spot on a fish on Day 2 of the treatment the rest I didn't find any spots. Day 3 and on I could find no spots on any fish. I treated for 5 days - today I did partial water changes and again I find nothing on the fish.

So I guess I'll keep checking these tanks closely for the next couple of weeks and see what happens.
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Thums up!!! Could be a far stage of Velvet. This parasite will damage the slimecoat and skin so other infections (bacterial / fungal) can take their chance. Sorry there are hardly any reactions on PC !!
        Good luck and keep us informed. Regards Aad

Comment

Working...
        X