Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Macro Kipili Nkondwe Fry and Eggs

Petro Kipili Rainbow Eggs (2).jpgPetro Kipili Rainbow Fry II (2).jpg

Great News!! My Petro Kipili's are very active now! Sunny came over and stripped both fish for me. Got 10 fry and 11 eggs tumbling now. Eggs have been tumbling for 24 hours now and all are doing well.

The Kipili's are back at it again after the wc today too!

I need to thank Rene for bringing in these fish for me too! It's truly awesome when an importer works with you to get such an awesome colony and I was blown away when these arrived.

At first I was a little disappointed as I was expecting a different breed. Rene and I have been pretty close and working together for a while now. Rene goes beyond what your normal importer does and I have seen him do it many times too.

Rene told me to take these home and get them in my tank so the fish would be okay. The ride from Africa to Houston is a 48 hour ordeal for these fish. Rene immediately refunded my money too. I watched these fish for about a week and let Rene know that these guys have grown on me that I would be keeping the fish. I paid for them and have been happy ever since with them.

Most Petro people stay clear of these fish as they are supposedly the meanest sob's out there. I haven't heard of anyone else in the states even trying to breed these fish. I was up for the challenge and acclimated these fish and rid them of all their parasites which takes about 5 weeks to do. From there it's double feedings a day and getting them fat and happy.
    Last edited by Timber317; 08-10-2014, 02:05 PM.

Congrats Tim. That is very nice . Please post some pictures or video of them when you get a chance.
    Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
    Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Congrats,Tim.
      will have to make some time to check them out
      280g:peacocks
      210g : haps
      12g : shellies
      (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Whenever you are in the area Juan , text me and come on over.

Comment

Thanks Vinny. I will send you a text soon.

Comment

Thanks Tim. I still have your Male Marco Rainbow please let me know when you get a chance.
            Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
            Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Congrats Tim! I have some too and I love them.

Comment

Thanks.
                Good to hear others have these. How big is your colony?

Comment

Working...
                X