Another Filtration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Filtration Question

I know I have been asking a few questions here lately, but I need to ask yet another.

I have a legitimate chance at being gifted a complete 400 gallon system by my neighbor.

If I do get this system what filtration option would meet the 10x rate?

No way I'm going with 4 or 5 F6's

Monster sump

Comment

What he said^ with a 2262 or two

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Probably could do a 125 g sump and be cheaper than the canisters. Just depends how well your diy skills are

Comment

Get lots of scrubbies

Comment

Rob we will have to change your name to lucky.
            I think a 75g tank would be big enough for a sump but truly sunny is the only one I can think of with a 400g. So he would know.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Been doing some homework on sumps, in theory I could turn my 80 gallon into the sump with some silicone and plexi or would it be best to stick with glass?

Can you run a canister on the sump?

Comment

She's mine, will be in my house next weekend

Comment

That's awesome I'm about to build a sump also using a 40g b I'm sticking with glass

Comment

A sump and overflows are the way to go. I have them on all of my tanks. The biggest one on my 135 is only a 30g sump. With the pumps running it never has more then 10g in it. If the pumps stop. The overflow will stop. With the sump filling but not over flowing.
                    So yours will need to hold the water it takes to run the pumps. Plus the water the overflow will feed and a little safety room.
                    Looking forward to pictures.

Comment

Hey Troy is a 40g b overkill for a sump for my 75g. I mean I would love to use it I got it on the $1 a gallon deal from Petco but the thing is it won't fit under my 75g. If I do use it I may have to put it in the closet in the next room and run the PVC through the walls. Just not sure if that's a good idea

Comment

It's a lot of over kill. My 75 has a 20g sump. If you can find a 20 tall. That would work or a 30.

Comment

OK thanks, my 75 has a built it overflow and I want a sump/refugium

Comment

Congrats on the tank Rob!

What's the footprint of the tank and do you have details of the overflows like what size drain holes?
                            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                              Congrats on the tank Rob!

What's the footprint of the tank and do you have details of the overflows like what size drain holes?
                              Thanks! I haven't been able to get to it in their garage yet, it was put in the corner and forgot about pretty much for the last 6 years so it's surrounded by junk. But it appears to be about 7' long and about 28" tall.
                              Last edited by ROB281; 08-04-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X