Fish Gallery prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Gallery prices

I'm coming to Houston Friday 18 to stock a 150 gallon cichlid tank. Originally I wanted to go to a bunch of dealers and look at everybody's selection but I'm in a bind for time.

Besides, I'm buying juvies and they all look the same

I've heard the Fish Gallery is higher but are they just a dollar or so a fish higher or are they outrageous higher?

Thanks

Fish Gallery is an awesome place to visit. it is a quality store with awesome exhibits. That being said you will pay a premium for those awesome exhibits. I think fishland is probably the cheapest, especially for juvie cichlids. Their selection isn't always the best though. City pets is also good with ample selection but the prices are a little higher. but still fair in my opinion.

Comment

Here's my shopping list, nothing special. I don't mind paying an extra $20 if I can get healthy fish in one place but I don't want to get reamed.

Jack Dempsey
      Fire Mouth

Cobalt Blue Zebra
      Electric Yellow
      Green terror

Jewel Cichlid
      Convict
      Red Zebra Cichlid

Comment

I would go to fish gallery so your not driving all over town looking for fish but if your looking for equipment I would probably go else where. If you know what you want e-mail ADG DON and he can get you what ever you want and schedule a pick up esp if your looking for peacocks and Haps.

Comment

Sorry, I posted a split second before you, I'm not looking for anything special, my last post has the list

I'm an hour south of town, I know Houston well but I hate driving around the city if I don't have to

Thanks

Comment

I think fish gallery has all those in stock my want to call first they will be more expensive but you want have to drive to three different stores. You can probably pick up half that list at petsmart and save some money and then get the rest at fish gallery.

Comment

I called and they will have them all in stock. Petsmart and Petco scare me, no special reason, they just do.

By more expensive, will $20 cover the difference? give or take

Comment

I sent them an email and they're going to quote me prices.

I'll post it when it arrives

Comment

Nothing against Fish Gallery's exhibits (it's an awesome place to sight-see), but unless money is not a concern for you, try to steer elsewhere. From your list, you can score most of those between Houston Aquatics, Fishland, and Houston Aquarium Warehouse, all shops that will not put a huge whole in your wallet

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Agreed with Austin, Fish Gallery is great for odd rare stuff but its a bit higher then $20 difference. I'd hit up Houston Aqautics. John has nearly everything on your list at much lower pricing.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                    Desiderius Erasmus
                    GHAC President

Comment

https://goo.gl/maps/ldh2j

Last edited by MeCasa; 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Excellent shopping trip. I was most impressed with the quality of fish at Fish Gallery and City Pets although for the basics and price Houston Aquarium on Shepard was a winner. i bought 7 fish at Gallery, 3 at Houston Aquarium Shepard and my Green terror at Fishland.

Thanks everybody for your advice and help

Comment

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for. From the looks of that route on your map, looks like a fun day!

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Indeed, lot of great stores and I love Houston Aquatics. John, the owner, is a really great guy that loves the hobby. His store could use a little love, but I suppose aquarium stores don't usually make money hand over fist.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

I agree. That was a fun day. Fish land is an old favorite.
                              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
                              X