Sick Cichlid, Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Cichlid, Help please!

If anyone can help me to identify what is wrong with one of my cichlids I'd sure appreciate it! It looks as if it's internal organs are growing outward, not to mention the other cichlids started picking on him. Have moved him to a smaller sick tank for the time being. Worried about it spreading to my other fish in my tank (40 gallon). So far, none of the others are showing any signs. Thanks for any advice!
    Attached Files

Looks like a tumor to me. If so there is nothing you can do I am afraid than euthanise it (sorry).

Comment

I'm sorry. I think you're right, it doesn't look like much can be done but to put him out of his pain. :(

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks y'all, hopefully this will be an isolated case :/

Comment

Originally posted by Beach4me View Post
          Thanks y'all, hopefully this will be an isolated case :/
          If it indeed isa tumor, it will be an isolated case.

Comment

it could be malawi blow check out KGTropicals video's on you tube he has a video about it tells you symptoms of it and how it can be treated

Comment

If it is a tumor and you plan on putting him down, make sure to use clove oil. It's the most humane approach

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
                If it is a tumor and you plan on putting him down, make sure to use clove oil. It's the most humane approach
                He did pass, however in the event I ever need to humanely euthanize one ( which hopefully I won't) how do you use clove oil?

Comment

Originally posted by i'm no expert View Post
                  it could be malawi blow check out KGTropicals video's on you tube he has a video about it tells you symptoms of it and how it can be treated
                  Sorry to say the poor thing passed. However I will go check this video out and thank you!

Comment

Not sure on dosage but you will place the fish in a solution of the oil, the first of which will numb and incapacitate the fish. You'll then up the dosage and that will be the end

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

looks ike amybe he got attacked ahich caused a bacterial infection to set in. hence the white fuzz.
                      ELOS 120 - Retroculus Xinguensis, Geogphagus Neambi
                      5g AIO Betta, Pygmy Cories

Comment

Working...
                      X