Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help/advcies with fixing a dryer

Long story short:

I have a gas samsung dryer, somehow a squirrel got in there from the vent duct(above ceiling), I opened the vent from the wall to let it out, cleaned the filter and vent duct but my dryer kept showing a te error code.
    This is what i got from the manual:
    te:

The Thermistor resistance is

very low or high

Check for: - Clogged lint screen.
    - Restricted vent system.
    - Check Thermistor resistance

I cleanedd the filter, vacuumed the vent duct, turn off and on several times....but the dryer still comes on for like 3 seconds, shows that error code and off again.
    If you know/experience about this situation, please help.

Do you have any electrical experience? Sounds like something (possibly a wiring harness or heater relay) might be damaged. You can always check the control board for any unconnected or damaged wires. Hope this helps.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Here's how you verify theres no obstruction in your vent, disconnect the hose and let the dryer run into room and see if light comes on then. If it does bad circuit board, if it doesnt you have to clear the clog. You can run a plumbing snake through it first, then use a leaf blower to finish it off. It should be clear after that!!

Comment

What he said ^

Comment

I have done what Timber317 said above, still no luck.

Comment

This happened to me before. Yours could be the loose connector inside the lint trap. See if you get the front panel off to see if that the case. Good luck and be careful.

Comment

So the light came on while the hose was disconnected? Bad circuit board. I would get model number and do a search on the net for same problems next. The later model dryers are all computer controlled and those parts are expensive. By the time you figure it out and a repairman has been called you are halfway to buying another one unless there is some recall on it. Good luck.

Comment

Try resetting the system by unplug the power & plug it back in after a few seconds.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                210 gl - Yellow Moshi Mahale,Zebra Pleco
                300 gl - Red Bulu,Ikola,Brazilan Pleco
                200 gl pond - Assorted Cichlids

Comment

It turned out to be a simple fix. the squirrel bit the sensor on the thermistor that was placed inside the exhaust vent area. I ordered a new thermistor and it resolved the problem. thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                  X