No announcement yet.

Suggestion on Power Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought ac 30 2 days ago, after I read all replys, now my mind toward to ac 50. Fortunately, I haven't opened that ac 30 box yet. I'm going to change to ac 50.
    Thanks again.

Comment

Good choice to upgrade. I like my AC30 but see the AC50 as better. so yah for you.
      Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

I just switched AC 30 to AC 50 for just adding 2 bucks which is only cost me for 36 bucks w/tax since Petsmart has on sale for all the AC filter from last weekend. Sweet!

Comment

good job. congrats on the new filter.
          Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

Originally posted by cm12setx View Post
            good job. congrats on the new filter.
            Thanks to your suggestion, buddy.

Comment

I dont run the carbon bag in my filter. But you can use polyester fill for comferters to add a fine layer of filtration. It just takes a little trial and error for the right amnount for your filter. This is imo same as stuff at lfs but picked up at hobby lobby cheaper.
              Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

Originally posted by cm12setx View Post
                I dont run the carbon bag in my filter. But you can use polyester fill for comferters to add a fine layer of filtration. It just takes a little trial and error for the right amnount for your filter. This is imo same as stuff at lfs but picked up at hobby lobby cheaper.
                Thanks for the tips! :)

Comment

no problem, hope you tank set up go well.
                  Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

Does anyone know definitely if the AC50 uses the same energy as the 30? I think they use the same motor and different turbines.

Comment

AC20 - 70 use 6 watts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                      150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                      125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                      115G Tanganyikan

Comment

What size Aqua clear fluval will work in my 55 gallon tank. I want as big as possible. Can the water be filtered too much?

Comment

You can never have too much water flow, unless your fish are from lower flow areas (like a betta). About the only issue might be higher evaporation rates in high flow tanks. On a 55 gallon I'd run a pair of AC70's or one AC 110. I myself prefer 2 AC70's due to being able to clean one well without disturbing the other. Also if one stops working or has issues, you can limp by with one until you get the chance to get another.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                          Desiderius Erasmus
                          GHAC President

Comment

Working...
                          X