• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmao well played 40gallons

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Compensating for the haircut
      Last edited by rmalford; 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Update.. I've been running a 48" dual t5, two 36" t8s, and a 36" led, just to test this thing for warping, and not even a bend yet. So far, so good!

Comment

this stuff is also made in 4' wide sheets. Further, it is also made for green house use, http://green-tek.com/polycarbonate.html further it is made in multiwall cellular construction that results in a flat bottom and top, greater insulation and other features. However, many of the greenhouse products do specifically filter UV light harmful for land plants.

Am looking for a source of retail supply, to build a small greenhouse to house my hydroponics plants..... Planning on filtering my aquarium water through it and feeding (topping off) the whole system constantly with RODI filtered city water. Hopefully, the supplemental water will more than take care of my water changes.

Comment

Harbor freight sales a 10'+10' green house made with polycarbonate panels. its pretty nice. I've been thinking about getting one.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Pretty cool Austy. the stuff is tuff.

Comment

No doubt about that. 4 months in and as sturdy as the day I put it on

Comment

USED 3/8" LEXAN FOR MY SUMP DRIP TRAY, TOPS, AND SUMP TOP FOR MY 55G. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY, AND IT'S BULLET PROOF LEXAN, SO WARP ISN'T AN ISSUE. HOWEVER IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ACRYLIC, THIS WOULD BE A NICE ALTERNATIVE. pLEXI IS NOTORIOUSLY WEAK WHEN IT COMES TO HEAT FROM MOST LIGHTS IOT WILL WARP.
                  ELOS 120 - Retroculus Xinguensis, Geogphagus Neambi
                  5g AIO Betta, Pygmy Cories

Comment

That is some super thick polycarbonate! Where'd you score that? I tried thin acrylic and plexi before this and the results were grim. Got tired of flipping the pieces over to keep them straight lol

Comment

What I want to know is can it with stand a 20lb cat jumping on it? I need something to keep them from knocking the top off and peeing in the tank. Don't ask me why they want to pee in the tank, I just need it to stop as it really wrecks the water quality! :P
                      Guppies:
                      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

use a wire screen and electrify the top. that will stop them from peeing in the tank.

Comment

My fiances cat is a maine coon, i had my father who runs a mchine shop make it to spec for me. he also made me tops for the tank and my fiances maine coon sits on them with all 25lbs of his weight and no problems whatsoever.
                          This stuff runs about $300 for a sheet 8'x4'. I bought one sheet and used only 1'x6' so far. im thinking of making a huge sump out of the rest or a new display. not sure yet.

Comment

the trickle tray he made em is 9.5"x9.5" - 112 - .125" holes drilled at staggered .75" increments. works beautifully.

Comment

If you're shopping at Lousy's anyway, why not purchase light covers / diffusers for fluorescent lights & cut to size - if you're worried about warping, in the same section you can purchase similar type grid material to reinforce your diffusers - all plastic, all made to be exposed to fluorescent light, rather inexpensive...?
                              I said, "Howdy" he said, "Hi"

Comment

Originally posted by f1stephens View Post
                                If you're shopping at Lousy's anyway, why not purchase light covers / diffusers for fluorescent lights & cut to size - if you're worried about warping, in the same section you can purchase similar type grid material to reinforce your diffusers - all plastic, all made to be exposed to fluorescent light, rather inexpensive...?
                                The light diffusers are great for placing under your substrate to distribute the weight of rocks and such, but as far as tops, you'll lose a significant amount of water due to evaporation. The original post was for polycarbonate panels as tops

Comment

Working...
                                X