Sand suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand suggestions?

Ok so this will be my first attempt at setting up a saltwater tank and I want to make sure I make an informed decision when purchasing what I need. As far as sand goes any highly recommended brands? I know someone suggested tropic eden reef flakes. Would that be a good choice? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I have heard good things about that brand. I prefer the look of larger pieces so I have regular aragonite... just be aware that if you have really high flow in your tank, really fine sand will make a mess. Also, unless you are planning on doing a DSB stick to a 1" depth

Comment

Thank you very helpful but since this is my first go at a saltwater tank I was advised to go bare bottom on the tank considering it will be a fish only aquarium. Good idea???

Bee♡
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Bare bottom is definitely easier to maintain, but it looks pretty ugly after a while because you can see all the crud pile up after a couple of days. If it's a fish only system then IMO it doesn't matter... go with what you like the look of, just stay away from crushed coral or freshwater substrates. Remember, less than 1" is the best way to go so you can vacuum it and keep it clean.

Comment

Working...
        X