My 175 Gal bow tank Discus come in soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 175 Gal bow tank Discus come in soon

Just love the Tautog Discuss tank so I try get one Discuss tank soon. Here is pictures of the tank and just waiting for filter and some plant come in soon.
    IMG_0293-Optimized.jpg

that'll look real nice!!

Comment

Great start. The driftwood's going to look real nice with the fish moving around in it

Comment

Nice looking tank Hung. You are going to have an Aquatic Zoo over there.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thank Troy, Not Aquatic Zoo yet but will have a new fish room soon.

Comment

Where are you planning to get your discus from?

Comment

get some in March from these 2 store http://www.somethingsphishy.com/disc...cc5e6dfad43401 or http://www.thefishden.net/category.php?id_category=56 Please let me know another source thank you

Comment

I have herd a lot of bad things about somethingphishy. Houston Aquarium Warehouse is the best I know of.

Comment

I heard a lot Houston Aquarium Warehouse they have great Discus selection. I hope I have some time this month go to Houston and I will stop by the HAW store. Thank Troy.

Comment

You are welcome.
                    They do have very nice discus. With a very nice shape and color. I've seen other that are miss shapen and bad color.

Comment

I get my Discus from HAW. They have the most to choose from in person without ordering online in Houston area. Login on the SimplyDiscus. Most distributors nationwide are on there. The hardcore Discus hobbyists are on the site as well. They all have strong opinions. There are two main schools of thought and those in the middle which is where I am. Bare bottom tanks and planted tanks. I like partially plant discus tanks. I'm in the middle.

But if you are into getting Discus to grow up to 10 inches then the strong opinion is bare tank with daily water changes. I prefer Discus community so if my fish never get more that 6 inches and are healthy living in a community environment I'm happy.

I like the natural environment to a point. I keep my water crystal clear but as I understand Discus live in water tea colored in the Amazon from all the dead tree leaves and driftwood on bottom. The water is very clean though from the natural rainfall in the forest and the pH is low.
                      “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Originally posted by Tautog View Post
                        I get my Discus from HAW. They have the most to choose from in person without ordering online in Houston area. Login on the SimplyDiscus. Most distributors nationwide are on there. The hardcore Discus hobbyists are on the site as well. They all have strong opinions. There are two main schools of thought and those in the middle which is where I am. Bare bottom tanks and planted tanks. I like partially plant discus tanks. I'm in the middle.

But if you are into getting Discus to grow up to 10 inches then the strong opinion is bare tank with daily water changes. I prefer Discus community so if my fish never get more that 6 inches and are healthy living in a community environment I'm happy.

I like the natural environment to a point. I keep my water crystal clear but as I understand Discus live in water tea colored in the Amazon from all the dead tree leaves and driftwood on bottom. The water is very clean though from the natural rainfall in the forest and the pH is low.
                        Thank you, I will get some Discus from HAW soon when the tank ready. yes, I agree with you on the bare tank that is the best raise Discus but I like you have some sand so it make a great looking tank .
                        Also on the tea water color. I think I will have tea color water because I use Peat Moss to soft and low PH of the water.

Comment

How is the tank going. The pics look good to start with. It will be neat the next step.w
                          Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

Very nice. John, get on the ball!

Comment

Lol Hung, I just love ur theads, always new stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X