Black amazon sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black amazon sword?

Hey guys I'm in Petsmart and I found these two hanging I asked people an they think that they are black amazon swords. A manager said that they are regular swords but all the leaves are dead. To me they look exactly like small amazon swords but just dark colored does anyone know what they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look like a red melon sword, black swords look green but with narrow dense leaves
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Ah that makes sense the melons have like red lines through the leaves so it's just that it's so small it looks like that but with growth it will turn the bright green with red?

Comment

Just depends on the variant, lighting, and ferts. Some shift spectrums with age whlie others stay smaller with deeper reds
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

I ended up getting both because they were "dead"! Although the roots are white and look fine i need to make room in my tank but I'll see how they turn out.

Comment

They get huge with time, completely over running a 10 gallon. Very deep roots and give them a root tab each every 6 months. Dosing Iron helps in coloration and solid growth
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

Wow I'm on PC now and those pictures look horrible and don't do them justice! Yeah man I have a regular sword thats why Im certain these look exactly like small swords but the wrong color I have to trim mine about once a month in my 20 gal I have pics from a couple months ago!IMG_20130331_103642.jpgIMG_20130424_155202.jpg I would trim that about every other month. And because I got all four of those swords today I need to make space so I just put up my driftwood and some other plants o basicly Im rescapin it I cant wait to see how they turn out!

Comment

Most of my reds were low and spread wide in the tank. Ever tried pygmy chain sword? A bit smaller, but has the same effect on a smaller scale
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

Hmm I think I know which ones your talking about but no I haven't that sounds like a great idea though

Comment

just curious how are the plants doing?
                    125g: Empty For Now
                    90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

There is a hybred version called "Kleiner Bar"

Very odd, gets green under bright ideal conditions, and red under lower light conditions.
                      Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Working...
                      X