Discus Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discus Help!

Hi Guys! plz help my fries discuss. I have 6 fires discuss from 1 to 1.5 inch. They are quit eating 1 week or so. One of them gone. Now they are staying in the corner. Could you guys tell me what happen? and how to get over it. Thanks

What's ur temp ? Any water changes recently ? Any white spots

Comment

We need more info. Did you test your water? what did the test say? whats the temp in the tank? what were you feeding when they were eating?
      Lots of things can be bad for discus.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Discus very hard to take care. Try deworming. Good luck
        Last edited by colorfish; 11-13-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

4 gone. temp 90, 70% water changed, test are good, no white pots, flakes feeding.

Comment

What was the store where you bought them feeding them. I disagree with the statement that Discus are hard to take care of. Everyone told me that for years. I bought some quality discus from some good stores and found out what they were feeding them and continued it's been pretty easy. I've added food like bloodworms and I do put flakes in my tank for my tetras but my discus ignore the flakes. They would rather wait for the pellets or bloodworms to hit the tank.

If your water and temp are good, try a few different types of food but find out what they grew up on.

Comment

As I under stand. The fish are being grown out. They are 1" to 1 1/2"s. If this is the case. They are not getting enough protene. Most are growm out on beefheart. It has a lot more protene then flake food.
              As for water. They need freequent water changes. To grow out water changes should be done every day 50%. To keep Nitrate, Nitrite, and Ammona at Zero.
              Discus are no defrent then other fish. You have to know what they need and make sure they get it...
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                X